slider tank set up

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:06 am

I have a slider turtle and was wondering the best way to set up his tank. Right now I have a 5-10 gallon tank and I have shells and rocks covering the bottom. I also have some corall that i found at the beach in his tank so he can bask in the sun. I plan to move so dont want to change his tank to much right now. If anyone has in suggestions on how to setup a nice big tank for alfred please let me know
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:39 am

this is cool,,just make sure the shells and rocks are big enough so he won\'t try to eat them..i\'m not sure about the coral from the beach bcz there\'s a topic in here about beach and sea water and how it might harm the turtles..did u clean it well b4?

if u got any pix for ur guy or his setup we would like to see them:)
monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:29 am

[quote]dixieee wrote:
this is cool,,just make sure the shells and rocks are big enough so he won\'t try to eat them..i\'m not sure about the coral from the beach bcz there\'s a topic in here about beach and sea water and how it might harm the turtles..did u clean it well b4?

if u got any pix for ur guy or his setup we would like to see them:)

Yes I did clean the coral b4 I put it in there. Thanks and hopefully I will have a pic up of Alfred in a few days.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:38 pm

ok then good that everything\'s goin\' fine..
waiting for the pix:)
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:22 pm

remember 10 gallons per inch of shell, how big is he?
  • Information