purchase Propecia new zealand buy online - looking for buy F

Discussion about all of your other pets here.
vefavavra

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:41 pm

:? After fifteen years of having two red eared sliders I now find I must let them go. I'm going to be moving and the new location will not allow turtles. .......... QUESTION? ............ does anyone know for sure. Since these two have been captive for fifteen plus years will they be able to find food in a lake that I wish to release them????? Bill[/b]
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:54 am

DON'T! they can't hunt for their own food and can't protect themselves. find someone to adopt them or check with a petshop if they're willing to take them in
FulaaLbulsE

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:20 pm

NEVER release a captive turtle into the wild...it will die. It is used to food being dropped in front of it from a human, in the wild it will not get that. Also there may be bacteria in the lake or pond that the turtles born into the area are immune to that yours is not.

There are always people that will take it in. Trust me I have several here for various reasons the last parents couldn't keep. I have alot but as a last resort I will take them, try to find someone closer to you, or where you are going and look at the setups they would have. Ask TONS of questions and then go with your gut on who to give them to.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 pm

Yes, they are right, that is a big NO!!!! >:(

I have stressed this many, many times before. Please do not let them go, they will die out of captivity and this will forever weigh on your conscience.
  • Information