Re: Iguanas

Post by Trailrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:37 pm

Yup! :D

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:41 am

my friend got an iguana when i got my turtles..but i don\'t know why i didn\'t dare touching it

Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Trailrider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:37 pm

I like bearded dragons too! Way cool!

IBM Research [Bot]

Post by IBM Research [Bot] » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:59 pm

wow that guy has way too many pets...

i got a bearded clam for dinner!!! yum!!!!

KolLinkols

Post by KolLinkols » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:02 pm

I dont not like them. Just dont really know much about them. Today I almost got one from the pet store because they were out of turtles. lol. Idk But Im a bit scared of them looking at them from afar..intimadating. But my mom LOVES reptiles and all animals so I guess thats where I get that trait from. :) :P lol. Im debating on getting one. First I want to look up some information on them. any1 else have an opinion on iguanas?

deesygirl

Post by deesygirl » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:16 am

Iguanas are beautiful animals but they do require lots of care. In some ways very similar to the turtles as far as UVB/UVA bulbs and correct housing temps (around 85-90) and correct humidity all are very important, as well as a proper setup. They are one of the most commonly abused and neglected animals as well. Remember they get very large and without allot of interaction they can get aggressive. Before you get an Iguana get the book Iguana's for Dummy's by Melissa Kaplan. She is a wonderful woman who has given much time to the care of these wonderful creatures and to educating the public on them. Here is a couple of her articles about iguanas for you to look over in the meantime. The first is a PDF file on their care and basics. It is quite large I think 79 pages.

http://www.anapsid.org/pdf/icfs.pdf

This is her big page please read at least the first few paragraphs and then her article called "How To Kill an Iguana" If you do decide to go ahead and get one.
http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/index.html

lionmiass1958

Post by lionmiass1958 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:37 pm

I like them,but they do need alot of care,as mentioned above.Their diet is very,very important as well!

Urbanoidstav1961

Post by Urbanoidstav1961 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:11 pm

i love iguanas i use to had one but they died at baby stage but this a total i had 6 baby iguana i kept buying two so im NEVER buying a iguana again plus my mom dont eant one again cuz yeay they are expensive and she hate animals but not fishes and most likely my dad dosent care what i get and i research a lot about them and yes hey do need a lot care as i learn what they eat and what not to eat and lighting needs and temputure andd what substance they need and more.i gess they died of sickness or stress it was in a 20 gallon tank (but i wanted that larger tank like 50 galoon tank.)i feel horrrible that time plus i did not even knew their was any vets that time.

RowlReombff

Post by RowlReombff » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:28 pm

iggys are great!! there so nice they grow big so you can carry them it's fun watching them eat there just amazing little guys. hehehe my guy likes when i put him on my sholder so he can just hang around.