Peter Tosh and Armadaus Mozart

You can post those lovely turtle pictures or links here.
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

This was Armadaus.....
Very shy guy never really would smile for a picture...

This is my one and only RES..... PETER TOSH
Outspoken and very SMART will run to me and come when I call him. Is that possible?

Eric Clapton
Will not sign a release for pictures :(
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Nice turtles, I remember when they were that small, now their colors are somewhat darker and they are like 3 times bigger. :D
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Any idea how I can keep the roudy one from jumping out of my hands when I pick him up. Is it bad that I pick him up alott? And is there an easier way to put themin there cage he jumps out when he sees water.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I have a turtle shaped sandbox that I converted into their summer home, when I take them outside to sunbathe I take them in a small salad bowl so that they won't jump out of my hands, they have wiggled out a couple of times and I don't want them to get hurt, works good, they still kick and wiggle but they won't be getting hurt as long as I use the salad bowl. :D
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

He keeps flipping over maybe a bowl is the answer he's driving me up the wall cause he flips over every 1 min. NO LIE
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, it is natural for them to freak out when they are handled, especially when they are still new, eventually they will settle down, I am still waiting on mine to settle :lol: , even after almost a year of handling them they still struggle to get loose, that is why I started using the salad bowl idea :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

maybe he wants to play..hold him on ur palm and he'll keep walking..mine like to play that way even if i put them on the floor they come running to my hand
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

I tell you they run like a corvette they do... ESP the baby which is the roudy one. He looks aroud for me then sees me then takes off. We've bonded but he hides too. I think I might put him in the bath tub like I saw someone else did to get him some exersise or how about putting him in my pond outside with my old guy...? ist hta a good idea/
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

Cute babbys Kelley,
My two are that small now. If I can ask what do you keep yours in? I have mine in a plastick swater tub till they get biger for a tank.
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Well I have Peter since we lost armadaus in a small 5 galon tank till he gets bigger. Then I am going to debate to go to a larger tank or let him go with eric in the pond outside. Tanks are nice cause you can see them and enjoy them. My little peter has developed the cutties personality. He wil chase you all around the tank!
  • Information