New, CHEAP PRICE FOR THE DBT HATCHLING! MUST SELL ASAP!!!

Do you have a turtle up for adoption or do you want to adopt one? Have some turtle related items for sale?
Post your classifieds or your adoption notices here. Please don't post personal information (ex: your phone number)
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Sun May 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Okay, It didnt take long, but I have come down in the price because I have to get rid of him by the end of May. (Because I am moving and can't bring him along.)

He is awesome!

His price is $50! I will also include his heat, filter and basking area, so you don't have to go out and buy all that. Shipping your your choice of UPS, or USPS (regular mail) There is no guarentee on USPS, but it is a lot cheaper. I will do Priority mail if you'd like (again, much cheaper-like $9) since it is getting warmer. Please, I''m begging you, someone buy him! HE WOULD MAKE A WONDERFUL GIFT IF YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM!!!
deesygirl

Thu May 26, 2005 8:29 am

He sure is pretty. I wish I could take more but I am at my turtle limit.

I am looking for homes for a few hingebacks and an African Spurred.
deesygirl

Thu May 26, 2005 8:36 am

Willie, would you put some info on how you keep these guys? And maybe info on diet and life span.

Pretty good pic of an adult

Here is some info on the Terrapin.
http://www.ocean.udel.edu/kiosk/terrapin.html

Diamondback Terrapin
(Malaclemys terrapin)
Size: The shell size of the male averages 5 inches. The female is larger than the male, with shell size averaging 7.5 inches.
Range: Cape Cod to Texas along Atlantic and Gulf coasts.

This turtle is named for the diamond patterns on its top shell. The diamondback terrapin's range is along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts, from Cape Cod to Texas. It is believed to be the only turtle in the world that lives exclusively in brackish-water areas. In these areas, such as tidal marshes, estuaries, and lagoons, the water contains some salt, but it is not as salty as the ocean.

The diamondback terrapin's shell is covered with scales or plates called scutes that bear deep, diamond-shaped growth rings. The top shell is light brown, gray, or black; the bottom shell ranges from yellow to olive. Black spots and wiggly marks, in a pattern unique to each turtle, appear on the reptile's whitish skin.

Female terrapins are much larger than males, averaging about 7.5 inches compared to 5 inches for the male. Females reproduce when they are between 8 and 13 years old. In the summer, they move from marsh creeks onto beaches and dunes to lay their pinkish-white eggs in 6-inch-deep nests in the sand. After 60–120 days, the inch-long hatchlings emerge from the nest and enter the nearest water.

IWhile the diamondback terrapin eats snails, clams, crabs, and some marsh plants, the reptile's population was decimated in the 1700s and 1800s because its meat was considered such a delicacy â€â€
fishrmann2
Level 2
Level 2

Thu May 26, 2005 11:22 pm

I may be interested in your turtle. I just need to find out about that kind. First, does it live in fresh water? Do I need to do anything special for this kind of turtle? Does it eat regular turtle pellets?

I right now have 2 baby RES and one 4" Painted turtle.

Thanks,
Nick
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Fri May 27, 2005 8:43 pm

I hope he finds a home not too many days left in the month. Let us know if he finds a good home!
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:36 pm

I'm so sorry guys that I haven't been able to get on here that often because of med school finals. (It was an experiance I won't ever forget!!!)

Actually he is sold If you are still interested in getting one of these guys, go to this site. He has DBT's ready to go aroung August, email him to put your name on the waiting list!!

http://www.diamondbackterrapin.com/index2.html

Thanks!
Willie
  • Information