Male, ~11yo midland painted turtle free to Good home.

Do you have a turtle up for adoption or do you want to adopt one? Have some turtle related items for sale?
Post your classifieds or your adoption notices here. Please don't post personal information (ex: your phone number)
BIGgourami

Hello,

As y'all can see I am new to this site, I have been for a few months trying to go through various venues to rehouse my painted turtle. I am attempting to move to a new job/housing venture that does not accept pets of any kind.
My boy, Turt Reynolds (yes he does usually respond when called that) was a rescue I picked up from my childhood friend, whos younger cousin caught him by a pond and had him in a salad bowl with a rock, some water, and piece of lettuce in it. I took custody of half-dollar sized Turt. fattened him up bloodworms and freeze-dried crickets. Since maturity, he's been on a steady diet of pelleted foods, and aside from obvious environmental factors of re-introducing him to the biome he was not from, most likely cannot survive on his own.
Anyone with terrapin experience and available space can have him, provided you can show me you have the knowledge and space to care for him... I raised him from a wee babe and he has been a substantial part of my life for the past decade.
Serious inquiries only, please.
I can provide pics as soon as I figure out how...
  • Information