How Can I Order Raloxifene 60mg Price Comparison

Post questions or pictures of your pond setups.
ddmlqftija

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi! My name is Sarah, and I am new to all of this, internet posting, turtles, etc. So my deal is this: I basically just got this turtle that needed rescuing, and I have no idea what to do with it. I am completely sure that his present setup is not only wrong, but horribly inadequate. My sister in law had him in a 10 gallon tank with no filter, a broken heater, and the tank was so nasty I couldn't even see him. I think he was also too cold, as he was in the basement and had no heat or sunlight or anything. My question is, what do I do with him? I know I need to purchase a bigger tank with a filter and heater asap, but I can't until payday on the 25th. So far, I have just been changing the water every other day, and feeding him those reptile stick thingys, which he seems to like. He wouldn't eat for the first few days, but now he has eaten some. I don't want him to die! I just feel awful that he has been so mistreated. What I would like to know is, what is the basic setup that I need to get, and is there anything special I need to do since he has been so neglected? By the way, I think he is a male, and a red eared slider. Thank you so much for any info~
denzaantiago

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:03 pm

Poor soul! :( All you’re missing are the reptile lights. Give him lots of love and attention . And be sure to monitor him daily. Hope this helps.
ddmlqftija

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Thank you! I will definitely get some lights when I get the tank and stuff. Anything else to reccommend?
denzaantiago

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm

One more thing: A vet's number and address. Now you’re all set!
denzaantiago

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:10 pm

How is your baby? I hope he's doing well. :)
iuttbdqenx

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:08 pm

wow, that's tragic, but thank god you've got him now. Changing the water every day can be hard for the turtle, because it takes weeks for the proper bacteria to grow. Most importantly, he needs a dry area to bask, a water temperature around 80, and lots of fruits and vegetables, not just food pellets. I feed mine in a separate bowl half filled with water, so he doesn't make a mess of the tank. Good luck, I'm happy you rescued him in time!
  • Information