How Can I Order Trial Packs mg In Canada No Prescription

Post questions or pictures of your pond setups.
ChablEgaggula

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 am

I'm planing on getting a male RES. What size tank should I get and where should I get it.
renaimburgia472

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:19 am

depens on how big your RES is, i would get a about 10 gallon and upwards... :D
vncweygbo

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 am

Your RES is going to be a fairly good size turt, if you have a male, I would go with a 75 gallon. It's better to buy the biggest tank than start with a small one and have to keep upgrading. The big tanks are expensive, but if you need time to save up some money for one, I would suggest buying one of the big rubbermaid containers (storage bins) and using that until you can afford the big tank. Did any of that make sense? :lol:
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:06 pm

if i where you get the big tanks.now if you choose having a 10 gallon tank then sooner or tears you WILL need to get a new tank for them when they out grow their home.now i have learn the hard way.but not for long.my two baby turtle are growing now i need to get anew home for them im goign to ask to get a 55 rubbermaid tub for them.now i dont know where cuz i have no room in my room nor my brothers.but i can put it in the parent room. or the garage but it will get hot in the garage thogh so that would be bad.get the bigest tank you can aford.
annamaelongsdorfd

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:21 pm

totally agree with sunny! If you can get a 75-100 gallong tank now I'd suggest you do so.

I went from a 10 gal to a 20 gal and now a 75 gal. Maybe later I'll make a pond outside for them.

If I could afford it I'd have a special HUGE aquarium built for them.

So, it's up to you in the long run... but from my experience it's best you start off big and save yourself the money now.

Petsmart has a pretty good sized "reptile" aquarium, though I think it's 40-55 gallons with a pretty low height. Go check em out. I think it comes with like everything..

Oh, and filters! HAHA! That's another odyssey! I started with a 10 gallon fecies-ola filter, moved to a 10-gal whisper filter, and now have a 20 gallon whisper filter. The 20 gallon filter worked GREAT with my 20 gallon aquarium. The water was clear for months! Now with my 75 gal I am using the 20 gal filter as well as the 10 gal filter but I only have the aquairum filled 25% otherwise I would need a 75-100 gallon filter.

I don't think the water level needs to be as high as the aquarium. I kinda like that my turtles don't have to do a lot of swimming to go up for air. All they do is lean on a river rock and poke their heads up. Of course in the wild they are in plenty of feet of water, but those are the "wild" turtles... and well, they can do as they please. Being a turtle momma I think I know what's best for my little ones....

Hope that helps... good luck!
  • Information