Primidone 250 mg Chemical Name

Post questions or pictures of your pond setups.
hoover05

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:38 pm

My turtle is moving up in the world lol... In around 3 weeks, possibly sooner, she will have a 65 gallon tank. I'm trying to get ideas for it...

My biggest worries...
How many filters (and for how many gallons) will I need to keep this thing clean? I've heard that with more water, it delutes the waste more so you don't need SUPER strong filters, like 3x the size of your tank, as you would need for say, a 10 gallon tank.

What about a heater? Do you think the aquarium will stay warm enough with just one heater?

ok, those two are my biggest worries for now but... any advice would be appreciated!

I'm sooooo excited! I'm trying to think of some ideas for a docking area, as she is getting a little to big for her ramp and she always unsticks it from the side anyway (actually, it won't even stick to the glass anymore :D). Any ideas?

My dad got a killer deal on it... $30 for a 65 gallon tank... yep, we'll take it! LOL

Thanks everybody!
turtle_grl77

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:16 pm

Congrats on the great deal!
renaimburgia472

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:30 am

i would say... you need 1 filter for each 15 gallons :P depends how strong/weak the filter is.... and, 2-4 heaters :oops: helping you spending your money hehehe :lol:
suippefrepunk

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:31 am

I would disagree, I have the same filter (fluval 405) on my new 120G as I had on my old 50G and it's managing really well, if it starts struggling when the 2 larger turtles come indoors I'll drop a spare 304 in there too!

as for heating, I don't bother with a heater at all, they have their basking spot to heat up and the water stays at room temperature (currently 75) at night time in mid winter this has never dropped below 62 F . I have a heater spare though just incase we have an unusually cold spell!
hoover05

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Thanks for the info! I guess I will have to wait and see how all of my current equipment holds up for it. Also, he said it came with some stuff but I don't know what, and he had fish in it before so... I guess I shouldn't worry so much :lol:
  • Information