Help! No money, Big sick turtle. I need a new tank.

Post any questions you have about an aquatic turtle tank setup here. Or if you have a picture of your aquatic turtle tank setup picture, we would love to see it.
tututurtle

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:58 pm

People who know me always ask for my turtle help; I've ended up giving homes to many different turtles. Recently, someone said that their parents wouldn't allow her to keep her turtle any longer, so I offered Skipper the turtle a home. When I went to pick him up, however, I found he was a six year old Red Eared Slider in a cage barely bigger than he is, and to make it worse, he had bad shell rot. Well, the vet taught me how to give Skipper shots, and he is much better. But the matter remains that I don't have very much money and I need a 100-150 gallon tank for Skipper and my other turtles when they get bigger. I looked on eBay, and found some good prices, but I'm not old enough to have a driver's license and can't pick up a tank halfway across the country. Is there any turtle lover out there who has an idea or even an old tank they are willing to sell?
Please help! Skipper wants to actually move around!
Anika
  • Information