Tank is b-o-r-i-n-g

Post any questions you have about an aquatic turtle tank setup here. Or if you have a picture of your aquatic turtle tank setup picture, we would love to see it.
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:03 pm

my turtle tank is kinda dull, i had gravel but it was to smaller and then had larger rocks but many getting lost with each turtle tank cleaning (i dont know were they go) i have about 7 plastic plants, and basking dock, uv light, and all the other things but what can i add besides the basics to make it a little more intersting? any ideas :?:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:23 pm

I have a bubble curtain thingy, that makes alot of bubbles, it gives the turtles something to watch and it helps the feeder fish by adding more oxygen to the water.
AllTurtles
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:27 pm

You can always buy one of those back drops from the pet store. It's kind of like a plastic poster. My turtles seemed to have liked it. :wink:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:44 am

I just copied some backgrounds from the internet, printed them and covered all but the front part of my tank, it's not the best but it kept me from going to Walmart about 4 miles away. :lol: :lol:
Posada
Level 2
Level 2

Wed May 04, 2005 3:37 pm

I've got some nice shells in my tank. Also a few plastic frogs and a dragon figurine on my tank. It gives it a more realistic out doors look. When I had my smaller tank I had this floating turtle dock that had 2 palm trees, I used the trees for more viewing pleasure.
RESrule
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:34 pm

i have a backround 2 plants a collusim type basking place and a log lots of gravel to pretty!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
purplem3pursuit
Level 2
Level 2

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:21 pm

i tried most of these things.. to me boring is easier to clean.. on top of that, any little figurine i put in the tank gets knocked over etc.. they are just too big.. i need a ***** room for them.. the thought has crossed my mind for future situations to have a sun room with plants and things of that sort.. then a small in ground pool and stuff.. that would give them both plenty of space.. :D
  • Information