Tank upgrade!!!

Post any questions you have about an aquatic turtle tank setup here. Or if you have a picture of your aquatic turtle tank setup picture, we would love to see it.
poppyduce
Level 2
Level 2

Yaa! Got the new tank and got it set up, but the turtles seem scared to death, are trying to hide in the corners. I put all their familiar plants that they like to push around the old tank back in the new one, and instead of the floating dock, they now have stones to get up and bask on. They have gotten too big for the dock and were pushing it down into the water when both were on it. Since this is the first upgrade I have done since having them, any idea on how long it will take them to adjust to their new home??
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Oh, and congrats on your new setup:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackietwo
Level 1
Level 1

I switched two baby res into a 10 gallon- the new one took about a week to get used to it. He did not eat or bask much. After a week he started eating and basking. He sleeps in the corner behind the filter, I guess he feels safe there. The other one we\'ve had since last summer- he adjusted in about 4 days.
The new one also had eye problems and I was giving him drops twice a day for awhile. I am happy to say his eyes have cleared up and overall is adjusting nicely!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yey congrats..lucky dudes u got:)
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

The turtles will get used to you... kinda like when you first see Bigfoot or aliens.

Congrats.

P.S. If it looks like i\'m always here, I\'m not.
Jackietwo
Level 1
Level 1

I didn\'t think you were. Here - I mean.
  • Information