Help! My turtle just laid an egg!

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
lauras

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:11 pm

I have had my three toed box turtle for about a month and thought he was a boy until I was about to take him outside today and noticed that SHE had laid an egg. I have no idea what I need to do. Since she is a box turtle I have been taking her outside to roam and I just bring her in at night. I had not taken her out in two days and I guess she must have laid the egg then. I read the section here on what to do but I still have more questions. She I continue to take my turtle out? How many eggs will she need to lay? How long does it take for her to lay all her eggs? When I tried to take her out today I noticed she had some slimy substance on her bottom and so I immediatley put her back down. I figured she had just laid that egg. Please help I have no idea what do. I was not expecting this since she is the only turtle I had and I thought she was a he. Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:31 pm

I\'m suprised no one has replied to this yet. Was there a male turtle involved? Don\'t call me stupid, you just didn\'t mention if there was one.
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:16 am

Where did you get the box turtle? If it was caught wild, the egg might be fertile.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:54 pm

i think the chances are that it isnt, ussully they lay clutches of eggs
  • Information