Help needed...

Ask questions, discussions about turtle feeding (various food, vitamins, minerals, etc.)
Cuteterrapin

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:20 pm

Help...my RES only wants to eat fresh fish and meat (it's shell is about 5-6 inchese in diameter) only...and refuses to eat the pellets i throw into the water. How to make it eat the pellets? It just recovered from swollen eyes due to lack of vitamin a defiency. I fed it fish meat for the past few days to make it regain its apetite...but when i throw the pellets in. It just ignored it. Help...i do not want it to have the vitamin defiency problem again. (i was feeding it dried shrimp for 3-4yrs everyday before this)It must eat the pellets...good nutrition for it. But it seems to only like the fish and meat i gave. Any tips on makin my terrapin eat the pellets. BTW it had not eaten for about 3 weeks before this because it was sick. Or should i feed it fish for a week? When it's strength is fully regained, i try feeding pellets again? Thanks
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:45 am

glad ur turtle is doing better now :) ok here's a small trick, soak the pellets in tuna water..they'll get smelly and it should eat them. another thing u can try is mix fish with pellets and everytime put more pellets and less fish until it starts accepting the new taste.

good luck and keep us posted :)
  • Information