5 month RES questions

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Sorry guys I ask too many questions. Seems everytime I turn around one looks sick or like the ond that already pasted on. I can't loose this one that means I can't raise anything.

5 month RES has been basking alott lately, well not rearlly basking but sitting on his rock out of the water. I came up to his tank and he was laying there he looked dead and his back legs where just like hanging out but he was sitting on the rock. I would have taken a picutre but well I was worried. So I pick him up touch the water it's not too hot. So I pick him up he's completely alert he starts to swim around in the air and jumps out of my hand he's ok he fumbles I catch him on recovery....

Now he's outside basking in his little outside afternoon 6:00 basking dish. Is this normal do turtles like just sit there like that when there takeing a deep nap or sleep or is there something wrong with him?
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:52 pm

Any Answers?
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:01 pm

my girl take nap on her rock too...she strech out her neck and legs...and lay her head on the rock like she's taking a nice,warm sunbath :lol:
she's really cute,but never let me take picture of it...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:59 am

i don't think there's anything wrong with the little guy, he was just basking and they like to stretch sometimes..is it something like this?

i have other pix of my babies stretching much better than that but they're not uploaded yet..they're so cute i start kissing their stretched limbs when they do it (virtual kisses :o ) 8)
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:03 pm

I think he (or she) looks comfortable. My turtles do it all the time. I was worried when i first saw them do it, but its a regular thing now. This just means your turtles like you and their tank so much that they can just lounge around. You're runninng a turtle spa! :idea:
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:04 pm

turtle spa :lol:
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:32 pm

Yes it looks like that, but... he/she can't tell yet..
Snapping and seems a bit moody also has eyes shut and take a little while to wake up like I have to pick up tapping on tank doesn't help. I just made the water a little deeper so lets see what that does.

Thanks I guess nothings wrong?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:32 pm

Here is my contribution, I had to sneak to get this picture, needless to say, as soon as she saw me, she jumped into the water :lol: :lol: :lol: :
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:31 am

if both eyes open it's ok..it really seems ur guy is acting normal..taking time to wake up depends on how deep they are sleeping..my babies sometimes wake up if i breath beside them and they start running around..when i want them to wake up, they become very lazy so i have to pick them up and tap their heads to wake up (not tank)..so that's ok :)
  • Information