Getting Fat!?! PLEASE HELP!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
New_Mom15
Level 2
Level 2

OK, my turtle is very picky. I try new things but she don\'t like any of it except fish and turkey, so that\'s all I feed her, I have tried all the time to feed her good things like Roman Lettuce, and apples. Lately my mom and I have noticed that she has been gaining wait. She is fat now. She is protruding out of her shell, like where her legs and arms are. What should I do she won\'t eat anything?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, I was thinking of doing this for my turtles, they don\'t seem to like the reptomin sticks anymore, and I\'m afraid they might not get the nutrients they need, so this is what I thought of doing, in a spoon with a little water mash the reptomin sticks til they get mooshy, then take a piece of chicken and mash it up a little along with the reptomin mush, if they want the chicken they will have to eat the reptomin too:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

u have to use the fooling method..it\'s either like what stray said or u can also put both the chicken and the pellets together so when they bite the chicken they\'ll get the other one too..if it didn\'t work then u have to use force lol..starve her for a while and keep the lettuce in there..she\'ll have to eat it when she doesn\'t find anything else
take her for walks too if u can and if she has space to swim then just don\'t give her food eaily..let her follow u for a while b4
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I tried putting pellets in with the chicken, they just ignored them:D
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

I chopped up chicken or fish and veggies. Mix it up and try to feed it that way. Slowly increase the veggies and decrease the meat. A lot of protein is not very good for them.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah, variety is good, but then they get used to chicken and whatever else so then you have to get them to eat their pellets again.:D
  • Information