Turtle needs ex lax

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
sourmilknightmares
Level 1
Level 1

I\'ve had my turtle for about a week now and only yesterday did it dawn on me...I\'ve yet to see turtle poop. What does turtle poop look like anyway? I imagined it would look something like fish poo and have yet to see anything. I know the only thing that he ate prior to coming here was turtle pellets and freeze dried krill I believe it was, and that could make him constipated. I read to leet him soak in warm water as this might make his bowels decide to move, so he\'s soaking in 80 degree water right now. Is there anything else I can do now? I\'d hate for him to get an internal infection. Geez, I wonder how my mom would feel about taking the turtle to the vet...
ABetterSon0415
Level 1
Level 1

Your turtle might be fine, it isn\'t uncommon for turtles to eat their own poop. I rarely encounter turtle poop in my tank, either because the turtle ate it or the filter sucked it up. Someone else might think differently, but just the lack of turtle poop in a tank is no cause for concern.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah he might be eating it..if he\'s new then he might not be eating any food so he eats the poop instead..if everything is normal it\'s ok i wouldn\'t worry a lot..if not then rub his whatever with warm water it helps..or just as ur already doing:)
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

you\'ll most likely see it when you clean out the tank if you have a grids on the bottom of the tank it will just go under those and not stay on the rocks i also assume he is young and the poo is little
Jericho199
Level 3
Level 3

Put him in a small container with some water and feed him. Wait 5-10 min. You\'ll see some poop :D
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah:D, if they are small, their poop will look like reptomin pellets:D
  • Information