Cheap Benazepril canada purchase - buy discount Lotensin 10

Do you have questions about the basics of turtle care?
turtle_grl77

Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:35 am

Came home the other day and said that his teacher was talking about buying them a turtle to keep at school, each student. (there is only 6 in his class, special ed, emotionally disturbed class) But he said she said they would keep them in small containers. I told him to tell her that even 1 turtle by themselves need lots of room. Well he came home yesterday and stated she said that the longer you keep them in the small container the longer they stay small.:x :!: :x :!: :x I said no I will print out info for her. I even told him to tell her that I will offer he to keep my babies at school for a short time but please do not do it the way she is talking about. Good greif. I should go have a chat with her. I understand she is trying to help teach responsibility, but dont torcher the poor littl turtles like that. please. I would even be willing to buy turtles and help with cost and maintenence of taking care of them (ie water changes) We will see what happens, just wanted to rant and vent a little. :x Guess I will have to instruct the teacher of how to properly take care of turtles. Bring it on!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

she was probably told so by the petshop..this is so sad :!: :!: try to move her interest away from turtles cz they're not good pets for kids anyways especially that she seems to be clueless about them. a hamster will do better :|
turtle_grl77

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:35 am

Im trying. Hopefully I will be successful.
deesygirl

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:49 am

I had to do a double take. Think about this...she is trying to teach responsibility by allowing an animal to suffer. :evil: Many animals. :x

I would call and talk to her personally or better yet visit the school myself.
turtle_grl77

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 am

I had thought about that too. I will decide more when I get a definete answer from my son, hopefully today.
suippefrepunk

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:06 am

how about talking her into a tank of guppies instead that should be easier!
Urbanoidstav1961

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:12 pm

instead of kid taking care of turtle whyc ant they take care of those feeder goldfishes?
turtle_grl77

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:02 pm

My child has informed me that his teacher is a little upset of what I am relaying thru him. So now its time to print out info from here so he can give it to her to see what kind of damage can be done if she does what she says she is gonna do. :x :x :cry: :x
turtle_grl77

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:02 am

Can someone post a link giving details on what happens to turtles if left in small contaners? I feel the need to print and send to school. As the teacher thinks that if left in small container the turtle will remain smaller longer. :cry: :x
BTW I have printed the info on housing, but was looking for more.
deesygirl

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:34 am

Click on the link at the bottom of any of my posts, under the Anapsid logo. It will send you to a great site with all the info you need.
turtle_grl77

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:36 pm

Thanks deesy!

My printer is not working ARGH!!!!
flarkin

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:31 am

Please do talk to your son's teacher as it will certainly be very unhealthy to keep "turts" in a small container & make certain she understands that these cuties also need lighting. Thanks for your concern. Keep us posted!!!
Urbanoidstav1961

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:26 pm

ok she might be doignt hsi for being resonible.as kid grow up they do need to be resnsible about their grade in middle school and high school and other stuff.
vncweygbo

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Whoa, this teacher has no idea what she's doing!! YIKES! I really hope you can talk her out of this, it's not a good idea to torture these poor turts in hopes of teaching the kids "responsibility"!! :x :x WOW! That's seriously an oximoron, right? She's going to end up teaching them about death! OMG, I'm so naseaus over this! Hope to hear some news **please be good news** about this teacher soon!
jacey

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:02 am

"only you can prevent forest fires.."

Im sorry to say this but it holds true in your situation, "only you can prevent death" If you have to, then go moniter the turtles care, if you cant please call your local humane society, they have programs to teach the little ones about animals, their care, their feeding, ect.. the teacher does not have the right to play around with these beutiful creatures lives, please be the watchdog, we need many, because so many lives slip away everyday, please do this angel, ok?

With love,

JDB
turtle_grl77

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:02 am

As of today still no confermation that any have been bought. I do plan on being the turtles gaurdian, if they are bought. I have a spare 10 gal tank and I told my son if she still plans on buying these turtles he can use that and what supplies I have. (extra heater, light) and what extra I dont have I will find a way to get it. He was like well what about the other turtles. I said if they were small enough then they can join in too. but only for a short while.He hasnt said anymore about it. So I am assuming that she hasnt bought them....I am hoping anyway.
vncweygbo

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:17 am

Hopefully she's wised up, ay?!
turtle_grl77

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:19 am

I am hoping :P
deesygirl

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:27 am

turtle_grl77 wrote:I am hoping :P
Me too.
  • Information