Veggies and other foods?

Discussions about aquatic turtles. (Red Ear Sliders, River Cooters, etc.)
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

Doing some shopeing and I saw at the pet store these soft cubs of turtle food that are ogange color. I guess they float I dont know but they said they were for water turtles. Has any one seen them or use them ? Also can water turtles eat veggies? What else can I feed them beside there sticks and I have yet to feed them gupies, Ive heard too much fish is not good?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

fish, chicken, meat, worms, or anything similar should be given as treats only (once or twice a week max)

yes they do eat veggies but if ur turtles are still young they might refuse to eat them..as they get older, fruits and veggies will be their basic diet

as for that food u mentioned, i never heard of it
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

You can feed your turtles veggies but if they are still very young, I wouldn't expect them to eat them, they are mostly carnivorous when they are still small.
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

cool, well I tryed some chicken and pig the biger one loved it,Tinnie never touched it. I just thought a well rounded diet would be good for them. Besides there floating sticks they eat all the time. :arrow:
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3

are they tubifex worms? blood worms?

i know the store over here sells square chunks of things for fish, but it's a block of worms.
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, but they also make frozen turtle food and squid. So far the only thing they will eat are there floating sticks and once in a while I feed them fatheads
Since it seems I was feeding them too much I have cut down. To one feeding
they seem ok with it but still begg for food. I have to put a note on there tank so friends and family dont feed them saying"I may be cute but dont feed the pigies own owner takes care of us" so far its worked. but every one in th e house misses feeding or should I say stuffingt them. :lol:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah, it is very hard to say not to your "child" :lol: :lol:

I have given in to the begging myself :( :D :D
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3

lol that's so cute!

i hate it when baby turtles beg.. it's so hard to resist them! :( they look too cute..
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

I feel like one of thoes groups were you get u p and say HI my name is Jessica and i have a problem "I CANT STOP FEEDING MY BEGGING TURTLES BECAUSE THERE SO CUTE!'" than every one says nice to meet you . AA for people and turtles lol...ok bad joke sorry :roll: but im getuing better just today I closed my eyes and walk past there little begging faces,or i run past
tham. Help im bit by the turtle bugg lol...
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I think we should start an intervention group, that way if anyone is over feeding, we can all gang up on him/her to keep them from overfeeding. :D
Mystical
Level 2
Level 2

Stray,
cool Ill be the only member because I love to feed them :) Well I am geting better,just now I ran buy with out looking at them. I even hide the food after im done feeding them.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

:lol: :lol:

That's good, soon you'll be able to walk past them instead of running past them. :lol:
  • Information