Kurt & Goldie R.I.P.

Discussions about turtles.
vncweygbo

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:04 pm

Well, Friday night, Snappy decided to eat her tank mates.... both of them!! I couldn't believe it!! After a year in there, I thought they were pretty much safe, but always knew in the back of my mind that one day they might be gone!! My son and I watched most of Kurt's demise... Snap ate him in about three bites... Goldie on the other hand disappeared so fast that we failed to notice until after she was gone!! We'll have to go get her some minnows or something this week, now that she's decided she likes to give chase!

In loving memory: Kurt & Goldie~

[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/ ... sc0922.jpg[/img]
jacey

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:11 am

I know how you feel I got feeder fish for my babys for the first time 2 years ago. My kitty Isis fell in love with one, I transfered it to my spare small tank. Well she kept watch over it all the 30 days I had it. The goldfish just up and died. Try explaining to your cat that the fishy had to go. Really she LOVED to watch that goldfish swim around.....We get attached all of us dont we??? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
jacey

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:12 am

GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 am

It seemed like they would be tankmates until the fish died of natural causes, but I always knew there was a chance they'd be eaten, I guess I didn't think it would happen while we were home! My son couldn't believe it, & he couldn't stop watching!! LOL The look on his face was priceless when he figured out what was in Snappy's mouth! I won't forget that one anytime soon!!

That's funny about your kitty! I can see that, her watching over the tank! Poor thing, she probably misses the fishy!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:57 am

they were lucky enough to live that long. and ur turtle is smart too not to leave one of them in fear alone, got rid of both. sorry but this is funny and sad at the same time..just don't get too attached to ur fish next time :)

condolences..
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Oh, no, I wasn't that attached! teehee! I thought it was pretty awesome, my son did too! "Get 'em Snap's" he kept telling her! You're right, it was funny and sad at the same time! Like the discovery channel without having to turn on the stupid t.v. (as it is I work for a television station so I don't turn it on very often... and we don't even have cable!) Thanks for your condolences, dixieee, I just thought I'd let y'all know they're goners (amazing they lasted that long)... and I did love them... but not as much as Snap! :wink: Can't wait to go pick up some minnows for her now!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:53 pm

so u're happy about it?? my heart is breaking *sob*. j/k :wink:
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:56 pm

Not as happy as my son was! That worries me more than anything! Course he is all boy, if ya know what I mean! :P
jacey

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 pm

I know it is sad.... BUT it is the circle of life.. My Isis is living out her last days..but I have thought about putting a goldfish in a bowl next to her favorite place by the window. SIGH....how I long for a fellow animal lover like me to be next to my side..I sure hate to go thru this alone...

JDB
vncweygbo

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:31 am

You won't have to go thru it alone, we might not be there by your side physically, jacey, but we're all here to lend an ear anytime you need! K? Best wishes to Isis (lovely name btw!!) :)
jacey

Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:42 am

Isis means flower she is just that. She bloomed on the day she was born, then became very sick in her first year of life. She had worms,fleas, and
an ulcer in her upper lip. I did not think she would make it. But thru all the treatment and LOTS of TLC, she became a kitten at the age of one. She has brought me 10 years of love and companionship, and lord knows we have been thru heck. But we managed to stay together. She has been my friend, my companion, and a LOVING beutiful Lady. My beutiful Isis. I never left her and will stay by her side. Until the lord takes her.

Thank you all for letting me rave about my sweet little girl....

JDB :( :( :(
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am

that's all what she needed and u have to be proud and thankful cz she's leaving happily
iuttbdqenx

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:50 am

I have three goldfish with the turtle named Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. They're all growing close to the length of Leland, and I hope he doesn't get inspired to eat them any time soon. I guess I'll keep him well fed, or suffer the consequences!
karinasasisa1931

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:42 pm

Your turt was just rasing them to a good eating size =P
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:48 am

^^^ :lol: :lol:
  • Information