my husband and the turtle treats

Discussions about turtles.
ztmozahc

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:09 am

i came home this morning to a very dirty tank. my husband had decided to give the turtles tuna fish. which is fine except that he drained the tuna and put the whole can in their tank. i am going to be all day trying to clean all the tuna out. he likes to give them treats and to see what they like--last week it was fried eggs and they went nuts they loved it. although i did have to tell him they could only have those eggs once in awhile as a treat, but not very often. hmmm i wonder what will be next.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:21 pm

lol a typical hubby :wink:

but a whole can of tuna?? and fried eggs?? i'd keep away from fried stuff and a whole can is too much. how old are the turtles and how many ones do u have?
jacey

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:00 am

I lOVE fried eggs:) Sometimes (BC I am alone):( I will make a swansons Frozen chicken dinner. then I bring in the old 10 gallon tank I have, put baby and doofus in it and then CAREFULLY cut up a little chicken for them . Then I put it in the tank and well its like having dinner with my children. Hey, we all need a pleasant dinner date sometimes right? LOL! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
vncweygbo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Then I put it in the tank and well its like having dinner with my children. Hey, we all need a pleasant dinner date sometimes right?
Jacey, that is so cute!! :arrow: I think that's a great idea!!

I agree, that sounds like a typical husband! Mine gave Snap some imitation crab meat the other day, Is that ok? I think it's made out of fish, but what about the other ingredients? Should I tell him it's a no-no? Snappy loved it, but I love lots of foods that aren't necessarily good for me!
lionmiass1958

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Hehehe...men! :lol:

I gave Tanjobi some sardines the other day and he LOVED them.Of course he dirtied up the water with them.But my sister and cousins who all have turts too gave me a good idea,which I tried today! Have a spare tank for feeding.That way when feeding time comes,put your turtle in the spare to feed and whatnot and then put him back in his regular tank after he is done eating!I did it today and seems to be going well! No mess!!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:25 pm

even better, wait for a while b4 putting him back. that way u'll also save the mess from poop :P
  • Information