Where can I get baby RESs?

Discussions about turtles.
Danica
Level 1
Level 1

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:39 pm

I am planning on getting two new baby RESs. Does anybody know any thing about where I can get them? I've been looking at turtlesale.com...but I want to buy from a reputable place.
thanks for any information you can give me!
-Danica
contact444
Level 2
Level 2

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 pm

congratulations on your plans for your two new arrivals. Are you looking for hatchlings or bigger baby turtles?? Hatchlings are illegal to sell, regardless there are many places you can get them- flea markets, some pet stores, street vendors, open air markets, online... The problem with buying them from flea markets etc. is they are generally not kept well and can come diseased. I suggest finding a breeder near you online so that they don't have to be shipped, if you can't I still say on-line is best (a reputable seller) I haven't ever bought from turtles.com, but I have seen there stock. Just make sure where ever you get it comes with a guarantee of health, there more likely to take care of there turtles, along with live delivery if they are going to be shipped. -Do you have the proper set-up? UVA & UVB lighting, heater, filter, etc?? All this is very important to have healthy turtles. :lol:
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 pm

reptilecity.com
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 pm

and what open air market!?and flea market!?
kreker2039

Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Any. Never buy from one, or any of those little shops you may see in "China Town" or boardwalks. Those people know nothing about them and more than never are the turtles very, very sickly. If you are to buy a turtle, make sure it is from a good breeder.

I have heard about TurtleSale.com... I would not suggest it. I have heard way too many terrible stories about turtles shipped dead or very sick.

I would try one of the following:

Reptile City
Underground Reptiles
King Snake
Reptile Guru
Diamond Reptile
Go Lizards
Urbanoidstav1961

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:18 pm

oh my i click go reptile i think their price is so expensive $10.00 just for an hatchlings!and shipping are to expenive to me!and the price to!
Urbanoidstav1961

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:22 pm

but turtlesale may have sick or dead turtle but that still dont prove that they are sick because not all turtle are sick some could be healthy but who know i dont know but i rather go china town and save an baby turtle from their to go to an vet and save that turtle life!i dont want to see an turtle that sick!nor spending money that was an waste of time buying one that just died in that package!i miss diamiond,diamons had dies and yesterday i buiried diamond...*crys*
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri May 05, 2006 3:44 am

sorry for ur loss sunny..

if u want an advice, go for bigger turtles (2 inches +) cz baby turtles catch diseases easily and are somewhat difficult to take care of. hatchlings are not begginer turtles no matter what species they are of

good luck with ur new arrivals :)
Urbanoidstav1961

Fri May 05, 2006 8:26 pm

oh gosh you reminded me something i said my turtle are an inch but i though that 1 ich was big as 2 inch sorry my turtle where 2.something inches.yeah i think your right...shoot i made an mistak that i should have an juvinale turtle i think they where mor eeaser to take care of then baby turtles.i have realize that hatchling turtle are more responsible then alduts and other pets.and shoot i shoul dhave never gottne an house gecko now i am scared of them escaping the cage.i should have gooten an lepared gecko i think they where more easy to keep when i research them.i know that lepared gecko keep their fats in the tails.
Urbanoidstav1961

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:23 pm

oh yeah you ment an two inch turtle.my turtle (diamond and emerald) were 2 inch but i though it was 1 inch i get so confuse.now i fell horrble buy those turtle fromt their then i ma happy that i save them not to harm give me a break "hope they die" from turtlesale.com that stupid i bet al they want is money!
Urbanoidstav1961

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:25 pm

i am goignt o purchease one at turtlesales.com NOT turtlesale.com since sunsetdragonranch.com is not showing on the internet then i am goign to fine more place thats sell turtles and that have cheap price!
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:44 pm

gosh i am so sad over my loss of my babies... i will never get over it!i feel like i did someting wrong though so i been resarching a lot!!!!i heard hatchling turtle do need advance care.now i may have to get an 20 gall. tank later...and agian diceide what to get i like spotted turtle they look cool i as at www.astinsturtlepage.com and i was reading up at spotted turtles it said they are for beginners.i like map turtle cuz i like about their shell it does look like an road map and they both stay small.i like RES because of their green shell plus males dont get that big.i wanted an cooter cuz of their shell when they are hatchling but i dont want to have them since i heard they grow huge.
Dvesqxtxk

Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:46 pm

i like spotted turtles but i cant find a place to get them and the 1 site that had them was www.reptilecity.com and they dont have any kind of turtle on their site.
toontathshuck

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:55 pm

i got mine at chinatown actually for $8 - 10.. i bought 2 last october... and they're still alive.. but honestly i agree.. im not sure if u should get them from there because all the want is money ...!

plus u need to know how to take care of them...1 was sick for a while.. and wouldnt eat.. but he got happy in a week or so... =)

anyway. good luck! :lol:
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:17 pm

i get really scared when my turtle get sick and put them on medication i feel like i am doing it wrong but i do read derection!
Dvesqxtxk

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:50 pm

my res has gotten sick that i got from chinatown and i jsut let it roll he stayed on his little beach under the bright hot light and after 2 3 days he was going pretty good going in the water and all but i didnt know as much as i do now about turts
Urbanoidstav1961

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:18 pm

now i kinda fell so bad for the turtle for china town i would rescue one and check it to a vet so the turtle dont have to be in that miserable sale.
iuttbdqenx

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:00 am

what is this about shipping turtles over the internet? Do they put them in a box and hope they survive the trip? This sounds rediculous.
There are always people looking to pass off their turtle through adoption. Keep looking for these people because: A) you will get an older, healthier turtle, and B) You'll save the turtle from the proverbial pond in the sky. In the meanwhile, set up a nice tank with a few fish and get that ecosystem a-rollin'.
Urbanoidstav1961

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:25 pm

i got another one go to an reptile show near your area if you have one and look for turtle from their they sell reptiles like turtles,lizards,snakes and others or look for an turtle breeder they know about turtles a lot.
  • Information