Help with finding a new pet, Please! :)

Discussions about turtles.
mrypsweets

Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:54 pm

Hi,

My name is Mary and I have a question. I really want a turtle but I have live in a dorm at college and I don't really know what type of turtle to even start looking for that would adapt to dorm life. I'm looking for a type that is small and can be taken care of somewhat easily :). I'm willing to do as much as possible to take care of it but I was looking at red eared sliders and they require more room and cleaning than I can handle right now being in a dorm. Do you have any suggestions or am I just mad even trying to find something? Thanks! :?: :D
deesygirl

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:15 pm

Have you checked out box turtles? They are a little easier.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:40 am

welcome to the board :D i was gonna suggest land turtles too, i think it takes them more time to grow bigger. good luck in ur choice and keep us posted :)

that's a list of care sheets for many species of common turtles. they have for box turtles too so check it and ope it helps u in that http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/caresheets.htm
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:30 pm

Maybe you should wait til you have your own house/ Apt, turtle(s) need a lot and require as much space as you can provide.
centex
Level 2
Level 2

Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:52 am

get either an ornate or three toed box. they are easy to take care of and you really dont need that much room.
  • Information