My Turtles First...

Discussions about turtles.
Robin_Luver13

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:03 am

two days ago, my family and i went to a carnival. there was one of those 'win a gold fish' tents, and of course, we tried it. my bro and i each won a goldfish (it was play till you win, and it took my bro 3 baskets of pingpong balls to get it in the cup thing :lol: ) they were small, about half the size of the feeder fish i once got at wallmart. i apologise, but i have to get side tracked here and explain something...
about a year ago, i got robin a feeder fish (27 cents at wallmart, 30 cents w/tax) he never touched it. after months, we gave it to my neighbor whos got a res thats bigger and more (hmmm how to phrase this :? ) vicious (i use the word loosley) than robin. so anyway, back to the story...
we dumped the goldfish into my turtle tank, figuring robin wont eat them. but guess what! after checking on robin i went over to the computer (to do research on how to care for our new hermit crabs) my brother shouted to me to come over here, this was something id want to see! robin had half the fish dangling out of his mouth!!!

he ended up eating half the fish and leaving the other half to decompose on the bottom of the tank and i got grossed out and ran to my previously mentioned neighbors house at 10 pm to borrow her fish net and scoop em out... oh btw, the other one had gone belly up not long after the other had been eaten....

i made a new thread thing for this because our turtles are like our kids, and i know i want to have a place where we can post like our turtles 'firsts' like this. the things big enough for us to notice and be proud of, but the things that arent monumental enough to brag about. wow i didnt mean for this to be this long... w/e
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:06 pm

cute :lol:
centex
Level 2
Level 2

Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:11 am

riiiiight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Information