i feel like sharing:)

Discussions about turtles.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hey all

i feel like sharing those moments with u..just now i was changing the tank\'s water so i had to put green and mint in a small container..i took the chance of feeding green some tuna fish since i\'ll be changing the water so i won\'t care much if it gets oily..i gave green a little piece and suddenly mint came close and picked one from my hand too!! the first bite since he came here..it was very small but still he ate and from my hand:) he then started fighting with green for what she has and took another tiny bite from her..

after they went back to their tank, green felt like basking so she got up on the rock..little mint started struggling to get on top too so i helped him and there they were lying next to each other..mint looked at green and stretched his right hand exactly like what she was doing!! it was so cute..i ran for the camera but it was all over:( when i came back..SPLASH..splash..green decided to get back to water and so mintos followed her..couldn\'t take a pic

they are so cute..i wish leo was here
prettylittlepixie2003
Level 2
Level 2

awesome story!! those little sweet babies
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

they are sweet and am proud of green she\'s acting like a big girl now:)
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

cool...so finally they get along...i\'m glad Mint start eating...just check them when they eat so Green not gonna steal the food from Mint....
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh yeah she\'s greed when it comes to eating so i take her out when i try to feed mint..the prob is that he doesn\'t eat if green isn\'t around so i have to carry her in front of him so he sees her and at the same time she doesn\'t get his food..<agh> too complicated :s
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

dixieee wrote:
oh yeah she\'s greed when it comes to eating so i take her out when i try to feed mint..the prob is that he doesn\'t eat if green isn\'t around so i have to carry her in front of him so he sees her and at the same time she doesn\'t get his food..<agh> too complicated :s
So glad to hear Mint is doing well! My greedy gobbler (Franklin) has learned my tricks as well. For about 2 weeks I was able to put pellets on the basking dock and only Speedy would go get them. That\'s over! Franklin also caught on to the \"drop the pellets behind him\" trick. Can\'t wait until I move them to a bigger tank so I can put food at both ends and possibly stick a divider in the middle at feeding time.

Be sure to share if you find another way to get Mint to eat without Green!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

LOL turtles are really very cute
a divider is a good idea:)
i should find new ways bcz green is a big girl now and can get out easily from the small container i used to put her in during punishments or mint\'s feeding time..

are franklin and speedy good friends?
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

dixieee wrote:
are franklin and speedy good friends?
Speedy and Aztec (the Map) are buds. Franklin they tolerate. When it comes to feeding time though, look out! Since I\'m cutting back on food......
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i like the fact of 3 turtles:) although i heard a lot that one is always alone but even though it\'s nice..maybe if i have enough space some day,,
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

If your two get along, I\'d stick with two. I only meant to buy 2 at the reptile show, but...... Then I figured the odds were one would die, but looks like these 3 are going to beat the odds!

Biggest problem will be if I have 2 males - then will have to separate them. And, can\'t tell that for sure for awhile......
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i don\'t think it\'s a gender issue..well logically it is but i found out that it depends on the turtle itself..for example mint is very friendly (with turtles only) so he gets along with green very well..i think green wasn\'t able to resist his cuteness so she decided to enjoy her time with him although she is a mean girl..ok now this is the case of a male-female..but i think that if i had a male with mint he would be also happy..
and my statistics say that 75% of good owners have 3 turtles at a time..or even if they have too many, they keep them in triples:p
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

Really? I\'ll quote that to hubby - 3 turtles are good! Now, how do I tell him that I really want a painted turtle too.....and that the shelf below the iron stand for my (soon to own) 75 gallon tank will hold another big tank nicely.....

Think I\'d best wait until next summer, when I plan to go to another reptile show. He\'s said he won\'t let me go without him again ... so will let him \"think\" he\'s holding me to only 1 turtle when I start cooing over the baby painted\'s.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

the way i go to convince my boyfriend is just i keep on talking about the advantage(other then the turtle itself)to own a biggest tank...i tell him it would be a nice divider for our living room..and then we can store more thing underneat ect...so slowly the idea make is way in is mind...i\'m still hoping for xmas!!!oh,also i tell him that he would be free to make me a gift for the next 4 years...women have to use mindgame with man...they get so confused after a while then they think their the one who have that neat idea..he,he,he...:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh my god..i\'m still single and i live with my parents..do i have to wait all that time??!! :s
:p
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

dixieee wrote:
oh my god..i\'m still single and i live with my parents..do i have to wait all that time??!! :s
:p
that\'s the perfect place to pratice!!!try it on ur father...:p
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

my dad? that\'s too far :s
my parents give me my pocket money and i\'m free to do whatever i want with it..except that it isn\'t enough and such things are very expensive here since u can hardly find them (they consider pets as only cats and dogs in here)
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

Dixieee, what country are you in?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i live in the UAE (united arab emirates) it\'s somewhere in the middle east..that\'s not my origin i only live there
Annie3
Level 2
Level 2

No wonder you have problems getting turtles! My brother lived in Baharain for a time; I\'m guessing the prices run high in both countries. Bet you don\'t have lots of need for a tank heater - except at night?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah they are very similar except Bahrain is an island:) i don\'t need a heater not even at night..we use the air conditioner to balance the temp. and even though it\'s been raining but still we need the a/c
u can hardly find turtles here but i found a shop..the prob is not with getting turtles but with finding a herp vet..i bet they never exist in here
  • Information