Our turtle is some where in our house

Discussions about turtles.
macwilsey

Does anyone know of a good way to find a lost red eared slider that is in a house? I put him in a separate container to eat and the next thing I knew he was gone.

Thanks!
Trailrider
Level 4
Level 4

My turtle did that outside and I went nuts! Then I found her under the fishtank stand. :)
PGIB
Level 1
Level 1

i did the same thing and i cant find the turtle anywhere. it was in my daughters room. does anyone know where it would hide
deesygirl

It\'s always tough when you loose a turtle. The best thing to do is put a nice warm lamp in the middle of the room on the floor so it is a warm area for it to go to. Under it place a piece of wax paper with some really smelly goodies to attract your turtle. They like sardines and tuna packed in oil. Raw fish is a biggie as well. Just make sure it is fresh fish and not previously frozen. Mine are big fans of Halibut. Good luck.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh i hope u find them soon..i heard that turtles usually hide in dark places like under the couch, bed, or any dark place..the prob is they sometimes go faster than u expect so if it is an open room then they might have moved to another quickly..
anyways keep looking around and keep us posted
toxiceagle2007
Level 3
Level 3

One place my RESs used to go was under the refridgerator. It\'s warm and dark. Good luck finding them.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mine head for the underside of the sofas:D
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

becareful when moving things though.

Sad story my friend had a res growing up (5years) practically a brother once he started gettin big they didnt have much money so they used the tub and a rubbermaid to hold him in and for some exercise left him walk around the house one day he walked into the closet my friend didnt know and put a trunk in there causing the turtle to be wedged between and died :(
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh that is sad..i mean imagine how attached u will be to ur turtles after 5 yrs..i\'ve had them since september and i can\'t imagine life without them!
echo444
Level 2
Level 2

Did you guys ever find your turtles? That was such a sad story about the turtle that died in the closet. One time my turtle took off and I was freaking out. I had my brother come and help me look for her and finally found her under the couch. I guess she went under there because it was dark. It was so scary trying to look for her because we were afraid to move anything. She was really small then and I thought we might accidentally kill her if we moved the wrong things. I wouldn\'t have found her at all if I hadn\'t looked at the exact time I did. I just happened to see a paper towel move a little bit and then it stopped. That\'s where she was! I was so relieved. I really hope you found the turtle.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

glad u found it quickly..those turtles,,they keep trying to get out and when they do they act like chicken
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

dixieee wrote:
glad u found it quickly..those turtles,,they keep trying to get out and when they do they act like chicken
Not mine... I lost one for two weeks and my mom found it behind some old door. Then it went all bonzai on my finger (bruise). Coincidentally, he got lost the same time my parents were about to give it away.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hehe he stressed on giving him away
Limpy the Turtle
Level 2
Level 2

omg i remember when i had lost my turtle Limpy for like 3 days i was crying like all the time. i finally found him under the tv...where he was last...duh. that was so sad about the one that died on the closet. here are some suggestions...
1. search places where he/she usually ties to walk
2. turn off all things noisy and listne carefully
3. check warm dark places usually samll tight plavces (but be careful on how you move things)
4. if u have a basking lamp leave it on over the middle of the house w/ some food sticks in the center hopefully ure turtle will sit there and eat
5. dont panic and throw things around ask people to search different rooms, trust me you\'ll find it
I lost my turtle like countless times and always found him.
Good Luck!:)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

countless times? LOL we\'ve got a turtle-hunt expert
shellmate86
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys....well....u`ve all certainly had some adventures...all my turtles do is swim in their tank....my mom hates it when i let them out(she`s the house keepr) but everytime i`m bored i lay old newspaper around my room and make a ring like space with my paper folders...then i put my turtels in there and they get to walk around the space i got the pictures but i haven`t scanned them yet...hoping to
  • Information