Favorite Thing About Turtles

Discussions about turtles.
echo444
Level 2
Level 2

Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:20 am

What is your favorite thing about your turtle...or turtles in general? What made you want to get a turtle? You can add pictures if you like. I would love to see any pictures you have of your turtles.

I think one of my favorite things about turtles is their look of innocence. Crush is getting big, but she still has her \"baby face\". They also sometimes look like old people to me. I love Crush\'s big feet. I think they look like elephant feet! Her eyes are absolutely beautiful...especially out in the sunlight. I love the way that she seems to trust me and stays close to me if she feels threatened (like in her pool).

Here is a picture of her \"elephant feet\" that I love!

This is a picture I took of her last night.
Kimmy
Level 2
Level 2

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:28 pm

I like to watch my box turtles crawl around and eat. I think it\'s fun to watch my 5 RESs\' swim around! -Kimmy
ehb90
Level 2
Level 2

Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:34 pm

Hi. My name is Erin and I have a baby RES that my sister bought in Destin, Florida. My sister is a very un-fit owner and she wanted to keep little Starsky in a cage that was about half the size of a shoebox. Me, being the animal lover that I am, couldn\'t let any creature live that way. I took Starsky to petsmart and bought him a 20 gallon aquarium with aquatic plants, a huge basking right, and all the proper equiptment. Now, I can tell Starsky is incredibly happy. He is just now learning how to swim and is fascinated with it. he loves to swim in and out of the plants.. its sooo cute. And whenever I come up to Starsky\'s aquarium, he swims over to me and sticks his head out of the water. I absolutely adore Starsky and I am so glad he is getting the chance to live a good life.
scuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:56 pm

i really love my turtles. i\'ve always wanted a turtle and my dreams have finally come true! the funniest thing i\'ve seen my turtles do is bask on the rocks and flip over on their backs when they see someone approaching. they swim to the other side of the tank and stick their heads out. it reminds me of a little kid! their chubbby little feet are really adorable too! i can\'t wait to see them grow up!
echo444
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:33 am

scuttle wrote:
i really love my turtles. i\'ve always wanted a turtle and my dreams have finally come true! the funniest thing i\'ve seen my turtles do is bask on the rocks and flip over on their backs when they see someone approaching. they swim to the other side of the tank and stick their heads out. it reminds me of a little kid! their chubbby little feet are really adorable too! i can\'t wait to see them grow up!
That sounds cute. How many turtles do you have? What kind are they? How long have you had them?

Watching them grow up is fun. It\'s so exciting the first time you see them swim or float. At first they look kind of clumsy, but they catch on fast.
ConversationFear
Level 1
Level 1

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:17 am

My favorite thing about Zen is the surprise of what a companion he\'s turned out to be. I found him injured as tiny baby and nursed him back to health with the full intent of returning him back to the wild. When I set him down to let him go, rather then scuttling off, he followed me and has continued to follow me around ever since. He extends his neck to let me pet him gently on the head and when he starts to get into something he shouldn\'t, he listens when I snap my fingers and say \"no\". I swear he was a dog in a past life.
scuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:06 pm

i have two red eared sliders names knick and knack. one of them has a macaroni colored red spot and the other has a reddish orange one. they\'ve been part of our family for about two months now and they are really starting to grow. how many turtles do you have? how old are they?
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:35 pm

my favorite thing about turtles are their shells! that\'s their home, their protection, their body! I love shells!
  • Information