Why do we always look hungry?

Discussions about turtles.
orion27
Level 1
Level 1

Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:17 pm

Everytime I look towards or at my turtles they always swim to the front of the tank and "spaz out" (hitting and climbing and pushing at each other) and they look like they are looking for food. I feed them around 7am and then around 5-6pm. At first I was feeding them to much (leftovers floating around) so I cut down on pellets. Why is it that they are acting like this? Thanks in advance for info.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:57 pm

I have found out...they will always beg fo food. They know who supplies it and they think they will get an extra treat. Sometimes it works. LOL
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:34 am

lol turtles act like this. They beg like little puppies and we usually give in.I use to give my turtle extra pellets like you did but now i just feed him romaine lettuce or diced carrots for a treat when he begs me.This way he will not become obese or sick.Also i heard veggies are very good for them:D
shortstack1277
Level 2
Level 2

Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:45 pm

Turtles are beggers and will always beg you for some food. I have chairs on each side of the tank. I\'ll sit on one side and my RES Eugena will come to me and then I\'ll go to the other side and she\'ll follow. It\'s so cute, so ocasionally I do breakdown and feed her a pellet or two as a snack.
  • Information