I promise..ya'll will get sick of me

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
msjava
Level 1
Level 1

I promise..ya'll will get sick of me

Post by msjava » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 pm

hey guys :) I've been looking at this site quite a bit, and I really love it. I've already gathered some very useful info concerning the care of the new love of my life, a 2" RES named Crush *yes...for the turtle in Finding Nemo....hey, I got a 3-year old, what can I say?lol*
My setup isnt impressive yet..but believe me, it will be. He has a swimming area, and a basking and 'land' area, and so far he utilizes everything. He has a basking bulb that he loves, and I will make sure it is UVA/B, and if not...will get the right bulb/s. The light doesnt keep the water as warm as I'd like...will look into heaters for that, but I stay on top of it and make any adj necessary. I have this cool toy...its a 'gun' that shoots a small laser light, wherever the light hits...it gives a readout of the temp..I test various areas of his pool, and I test his basking rock to make sure it's not too hot. Wow, I am going on and on....I do have one question.....does anyone else's RES make this swallowing motion with their throat? It's bothersome to me and want to make sure it's normal. Thank you guys so much. BTW, I live near Atlanta :D

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:07 am

If you mean, while they are underwater, yeah, mine do that, it kinda looks, and might be, like they are drinking, also, when they have their heads above water, their throught will puff up from time to time, also pretty normal. :D

msjava
Level 1
Level 1

Post by msjava » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 am

Stray, that is exactly what i was talking about..thanks alot!! Just wanted to make sure it was a normal 'turtle' thing

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 am

You're welcome :D

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 am

welcome to the board :) and don't worry we enjoy having active ppl in here :D

contact444
Level 2
Level 2

Post by contact444 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:51 pm

Welcome to the board! I completely understand your turtle's name as my 3 year old (at the time) picked out our two turtles names- crush and squirt. lol. :lol: What do you do?

msjava
Level 1
Level 1

Post by msjava » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:22 am

actually. nothing at the moment. I had a great job and life in Tampa, then my dad got sick for a while..and I decided it would benefit him greatly to have me and his only grandchild living with him. So, I moved us to Georgia. Waiting until the New Year to start working again. Probably more than you wanted to know, right contact? lol
Anyway..I .love this site..and I have tons of questions. Am trying to read through some past topics and replies...to gather info...and hopefully not ask the same questions.

contact444
Level 2
Level 2

Post by contact444 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:59 pm

No- actually I think it's very interesting that such a wide variety of people are on this site.

I work for an ambulance company regulating Health Plans and making sure that they comply with State and Federal regulations- it's not as boring as it sounds. It's actually a very fun job, I get to make sure my company gets paid and that insurances aren't screwing (excuse the language :oops: ) our patients. Nothing makes me more angry than companies trying to make a buck of the less fortunate.

I guess it just goes to show that though people may be very different we are all animal lovers!

msjava
Level 1
Level 1

Post by msjava » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 am

I know exactly what you mean.

I just looove my guy, and it's so easy to lose 1/2 a day playing with him, observing, cleaning the tank..all that stuff. Thank GOD for Dora and Blues Clues, lmao

msjava
Level 1
Level 1

Post by msjava » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 am

I know exactly what you mean.

I just looove my guy, and it's so easy to lose 1/2 a day playing with him, observing, cleaning the tank..all that stuff. Thank GOD for Dora and Blues Clues, lmao