New Too

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
RES
Level 1
Level 1

New Too

Post by RES » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:53 pm

8) I'm new too! I have 1 red-eared slider (RES) & his name is Hercules. He's the coolest! But he's unhappy because the landlord is having difficulty with the filtration system.

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:35 pm

Welcome to the board :D

Why does the landlord have a problem with the filtration???

RES
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RES » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:53 am

I bought the Emperor 400 Bio-Wheel Filtration System this weekend. I took the first one back to PETsMART & they gave me another one, but it's still not working right. I followed the instructions, took it apart to check for debris & make sure all parts were there, and kept trying. The intake tube is in the water (using extension provided), and still....nothing. One of the girls at the store told me it could take a day before it's fully functional & that I would need to "be patient" with the noise. The mechanical noise doesn't sound right even with water in the filter box. It's not circulating or flowing water.

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:45 am

Alot of those bigger filters need to be primed, did you do that?, if not you might want to ask someone how to do that for that particular filter.

RES
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RES » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:31 am

I did that. I filled up the filter box with water before starting it. The girl from PETsMART told me to keep pouring water in until it starts on its own. I did that & it STILL didn't work. I had a much smaller version of this pump for a 30-gal I had & it didn't take this much effort to get it started. Thanks for your help with this.

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:42 am

welcome to the board :) hope u enjoy ur time in here and i also hope ur filter gets well soon 8)

so how old is hercules? do u have any pix for him? :)

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:34 am

Any chance you have a leak somewhere that's letting air in the tube so that the suction is not going to be strong enough, if there are any two pieces of pipe joined together like on one of the cascade types, I would take some electrical tape and tape up the whole joint.