a break from turtles!

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Mon May 23, 2005 11:43 am

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Kelley, a small town girl (Montevallo, Alabama) with big city dreams(went to school in Atlanta GA). I come from a land far away from civilization where reality doesn't exist, a place where your hopes and dreams for life cannot subside. I tried my best in school, graduated high school and college and continued to of course, go to work for someone else in the media world. Video and Media was my only motivation besides the entertainment field. After getting my first year's experience I broke loose went freelance, worked on several movies ..it was a job i was good at, but not happy doing. then the newspaper landed me a job as a scriptwritter with a potential of a very nice income...to my parents I had achieved success, to me it was failure - it was goals I had accomplished, but they were not my own. During the time between writing and production I used this period to promote myself in the industry which led to an extra role in many independent films. While attending college and doing modeling jobs on the side, I always set up my own work. I did several things within the this time , as a model, as a spokes model, freelance projects and other movies as walk ons or even main characters, I also worked with many photographers all over the east coast. My experience is the key component in moving my career forward. so I am ready for bigger things, I want to challenge myself. My fighting urge will not give up or give in for anyone. I will accomplish the goals i have planned for myself..through patience and perseverance...ANYTHING is possible in the world and nothing can stand in my way. That's why I work for NASA and Kennedy Space Center now, I am a step closer to achieving my dreams. I live in Florida and enjoy the sun and fun of this place (hes I surf with the Sea Turtles). I've lived nearly everywhere it seems in just the 25 small years of my life. I love music and Ben Harper and Jack Johnson are my favoirtes. If theres a tropical climate I'm there.

I'm on this forum to develop a love for the (Green) things in my life.

MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE, if you don't like it just deal!

Kelley
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon May 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi kelleytidwell, nice story, I am a Maintenance Supervisor, I really didn't have a dream, I more or less, lived my days one at a time, not that I didn't have aspirations, I just didn't know what I wanted, so after Highschool, I joined the Navy which took me to a few places that I would not have done without them, I went to Sasebo, Japan-Puerto Rico(2x), Saudi Arabia, after I got out I did some jobs that were ok but not very satisfying, I eventually got a job as a Maintenance man at another hotel, I liked it since there was always some kind of challenge, then I applied at my present job and was hired on the spot (well, next day) and I have been here for 5 years this past Febuary, the way I see it, all that is left is to wait for my girlfriend to make up her mind about when to get married :D :D
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Mon May 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Awhhh that's so sweet. My parents always taught me to keep dreams and aspirations alive and to reach them. NO matter what it takes. I mean you know with in the law lol...

She'll make up her mind sometimes women (ME included) need a little extra time to (ask all our friends and family) think about those life changing things. If it where me I think is this going to be where who I want to be with in 20 years, which I'm waiting for the question not nessicarly makeing up my mind but him to ask ;)

Kelley
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon May 23, 2005 5:21 pm

Well, having been in some pretty rocky relationships, I don't blame her, the only thing that bothers me is that the women that have been wronged by other men are not very open to the idea of there being men that actually are honest in a relationship, example: I was cooking some porkchops and splashed grease on myself, not much, just a few drops (whew), and when she saw it she immediately said that another girl had done them, I explained and she believed me, since hickeys don't bubble up. :D
kelleytidwell
Level 3
Level 3

Mon May 23, 2005 5:47 pm

That's a little extremem if you ask me.
I've been in abusive relationships and well when someone shows feeling for me I can fall for it or say it's fake.

I just know.

I believe if you don't have trust you have nothing at all.

Talking about off subject of turtles.. lol
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue May 24, 2005 7:29 am

kelleytidwell yes that's a nice story :)

don't worry stray she'll make up her mind some day..all girls dream about their wedding day but many consider it as a holly thing that's why they don't take "quick" actions..we like to study EVERYTHING before deciding but when u finally get an answer u'll find that everything was planned ahead of time like there's no girl i know who still didn't choose the names of her kids yet :oops: that's only a sample of the things girls prepare :)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Tue May 24, 2005 9:04 am

Thanks ladies, I know I have to be patient, I have no problem with it, all good things in life are worth waiting for. :D :D
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:15 pm

wow, those are some really nice stories.

you've already proposed to her stray?

when my bf proposed to me.. he kept asking me what my answer was.. lol i couldn't answer him right then and there. not that i had to actually think yes/no.. it's just that i had to prepare myself.. lol i was in shock.

maybe it's the same for her? ya never know.

oh wait.. or are you planning the actual wedding date?

those are always tricky to plan.. you have to estimate costs.. find a place.. gowns.. people to walk.. ugh! so much planning! :(

good luck though :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:35 pm

so much planning and it's all done in few moments :D i mean the good done don't worry :wink:
TURTLEGIRL2005
Level 1
Level 1

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:08 pm

MY NAME IS CRYSTAL.IM NEW TO THIS SIGHT.IS WAS BORN IN OKLAHOMA ON JUNE 22, 1974. IM A SINGLE MOM.I HAVE A DAUGHTER THATS 6.SHES A HANDFUL.DEFFINATLEY SPOILED.
I LOVE TO SING AND GO TO CLUBS WITH FRIENDS.
MY TURTLES ARE MY HOBBIES.HAVE BEEN BREEDING FOR 18 YEARS.
GETTING READY TO GO TO VET SCHOOL (OSU) IN STILLWATER, OK
LAHOMA.
I LOVE ALL ANIMALS THOUGH.NOT REAL BIG ON DOGS BUT LOVE CATS AND REPTILES(OF COURSE).
I ALSO BREED SNAKES.
ANY QUESTIONS????
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:10 pm

wow u breed snakes too? that's weird..how do baby snakes look like :o
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:44 pm

Like big snakes only smaller :lol: :lol:
you've already proposed to her stray?
It's more of an agreement, I didn't do the on-knee thing :D
We enjoy each other's company, it just seems natural when I am with her, I could talk for hours with her and not even look at the time, I am pretty shy with women by nature, with her, I have no problem communicating. :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:11 am

on the knee proposing? that's so sweet :D

i know they're like big snakes but i could imagine they look more like worms
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:56 am

I guess I will do the one-knee thing when I get the ring :D
kevin89
Level 2
Level 2

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:28 am

I was born on Novemember 28th 1989 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama then move to Morristown, Tn i am an athlete i play baseball, basketball, and football. although my knee surgery couple years back i no longer play basketball and football, but i stuck to baseball. my hobbies are fishing, and any other outdoor activies i only listen to country but i do like some rock like lynyrd skynyrd and motley crues, other then them i listen to country.
centex
Level 2
Level 2

Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:49 am

...........................ummmm.....where to begin 8) ..................

John
Robin_Luver13

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:03 pm

ok, ill apologise for not being specific, but here goes:

im a girl in middle/high school and i wont reveal my age, thats my policy, but my BDay is november 17 so im a scorpio and proud. my favorite person in the world is my aunt, but my best friend leanna is a close second. turtles are my favorite animal, of course. i play softball and basketball and might go out for volleyball this year. i love to read and write and get good grades in school. my favorite card game is poker, and i love to play on the computer. i hate being smart, cause everyone expects it of me. i had surgery over the summer to have a tumor removed (it was on my right ovary which also had to be removed and was about the size of a football), but im back in the swing of things now. i fight with my mom and dad a lot, mostly my mom cause she's always home and my dad works all day. my other pets include a dog, Scout, and two hermit crabs, Harry and Hermione. i have to take care of all of them plus robin, but my bro walks the dog some days, but i have to take care of hgis hermit crab cause they all share a tank. i babysit and petsit to make extra cash, most of which i spend on gum. i play trumpet and sing, and some friends and i have a small band in the works. im not too into fashion but care what people think of me. i have a pretty big family, as far as aunts, uncles, and cousins go, and i have a younger brother and a younger sister. my sisters 2 and my brothers 10 1/2... well thats about it....
i almost forgot, my name is Nancy and you guys can call me that if you want.... i respond to stupid, genius, retard, Guagna, and freak too lol.... ok thats it
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:18 am

Well, that was specific enough :D
Robin_Luver13 wrote:i hate being smart, cause everyone expects it of me.
I, on the other hand, wish I was smarter, I am more of a clever person than a smart person, I can figure things out pretty well, books bore me, unless they are science fiction or some kind of thriller, I read "the Dark Sword" trilogy and I loved it, I remember most of the story, but only in fragments.

I think I would like to be more like Einstein, I don't think that people knew what to expect from him, he looked so ragged that I doubt that if you saw him in real life, that you would know that he was the genious that he was. :lol:
TallysMom
Level 2
Level 2

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:53 pm

STK -- I think being able to figure things out is more useful in the long run. Would it be better to be able to figure out how to get the power going again in a hurricane or to be able to tell someone about the math behind the electricity system (or something -- maybe a bad example to use because I couldn't do either one, LOL)?

Anyway, my husband is the can-do type and I think it is great. He fixes cars, he can set up the VCR (when we had one) so it didn't blink 12:00 all the time, he built a back porch...I'm the read-about-it type and he thinks that's great, so I guess we are well suited!
contact444
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:50 pm

sorry I missed all the action, Halloween is a busy time for me.
I am 24 I am a mommy of 2 kids (4 yr old and 1 yr old). I have been married for 3 years. I love all types of music (excluding heavy stuff and rap...oh and opera) I am a libra so I'm pretty easy going. I am originally from the country so I love outdoor sports -hiking, biking, camping, swimming-all that stuff. I currently live in L.A. waiting for my hubby to finish his bachelor so that I can go back to school. I am a chief compliance officer for an ambulance company (that is fancy for -I make sure that insurance companies are not trying anything illegal and screwing businesses and patients out of their money) I am passionate about anything I put my time into including my animals. I have 3 res one is an albino, a beautiful cockatiel that is about 10 years old, and a flowerhorn cichlid- gorgeous fish. I love movies top 3 Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. Yes my son is HP for Halloween and I am Professor Mcgonagall. :P I know dorky, but I can't help it. I have been told my style is somewhere between punk and prep? In short I love my life and enjoy all that I can.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:53 am

TallysMom wrote:STK -- I think being able to figure things out is more useful in the long run. Would it be better to be able to figure out how to get the power going again in a hurricane or to be able to tell someone about the math behind the electricity system (or something -- maybe a bad example to use because I couldn't do either one, LOL)?
I agree with you, when you tell someone that you know something, it is better to know because you have done it, than because you have read about it.

For example, in a book it can tell you that if you are doing electrical work, if you touch the hot wire and the return wire, you will either get a spark or buzzz yourself, but if you go ahead and try to do it yourself, you will eventually forget about the buzzz thing and get a shock, but since those of us who have done electrical work and have gotten buzzed several times, we actually take care not to get shocked, it isn't a very comfortable feeling. :D :D
contact444 wrote:Yes my son is HP for Halloween and I am Professor Mcgonagall. I know dorky, but I can't help it.
I was going as a clown along with my girlfriend, but unfortunately, she had to go back home and see her mom because she was feeling sick, so I just went along with my sister her husband and my nephews and all I put on was the pointed clown hat. :? Maybe next year :D
TallysMom
Level 2
Level 2

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:54 pm

Halloween -- my husband the can-do guy is also an architect, so there is some artsiness to him as well. He carved a really nice winking jack-o-lantern, and for a party we went to the previous Saturday, he made himself some wicked swirly papiermache devil horns on a piece of coathanger wire that went around his head under his hair -- he spray-painted them black after he dried them in the oven, and he looked awesome. Wore them with a black silk sweater and his tuxedo.

And me? Well, I had a totally flowered hat, and I went as Mother Nature (he was "the devil you know!"), with a flowered shawl and a long skirt and a bird on a stick...So who was more elegant, the thinker or the doer!?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 am

that's cool :D reminded me of the one and only halloween party i held. i made myself a pirate costume. it looked cheap but was fine :lol: well i was only 11 so i don't mind it now. u're lucky ppl, we couldn't have a halloween party this yr bcz it's a religious month in here and we're not so supposed to dance so my friends decided to have one from another kind after the midterms. we're supposed to wear like each other (everybody picks someone between us and imitates the style) yeah boring :roll:
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:39 am

Better than nothing, I guess :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:16 pm

yeah somehow :roll:
  • Information