a break from turtles!

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:08 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:19 am

slidersroc is back? where? *quickly turns his head right and left*
sourmilknightmares
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:55 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:16 am

I went through a spell about 6 months back when I liked appaloosas. I actually found my Mom\'s horse for her. I\'m over them now though, and even when I did like them it was only certain coat patterns. They are kinda creepy now. That white around the eyes is pretty scary. Me, I\'m an Arabian person. Now there\'s a horse with talent, speed, stamina, and a perfect, loyal, playful personality to wrap it all up. I\'ve loved Arabians since the day I got my first one and if I have anything to do with it I\'ll never have to spend a day without one!
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:51 pm

my turn. (even though i\'m a few days behind!)

my name is Rachel and i live in florida and i\'m a sophomore at florida state university in tallahassee. i have a boyfriend of a year and a half that lives back in jacksonville (where i\'m from.) it has been tough from time to time having a long distance relationship, but we\'re both mature enough to deal with the distance and it has been great.

i\'m studying nursing. in 2007 i\'ll graduate as an RN and i want to work in a hospital in jacksonville (gotta go back to my man!) i want to work in either the neonatal intensive care unit or labor and delivery .. i absolutely LOVE babies and would love to work with them everyday.

i live with 3 of my best friends in an apartment and due to the fact that we can\'t have any furry friends here, i settled on a turtle and i\'m so happy with him!

so, i guess that\'s it!
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:51 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:50 pm

yup, thanks to u reptileman !!!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:35 am

welcome rachel:)
seems everybody here is medical-related..am out
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:12 am

I guess I\'m medical related too, except I deal with inanimate objects, they use white medical tape to bandage arms and legs, I use electrical tape, to bandage electrical joints:D:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:58 am

lol..i\'m really out this time
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:17 pm

Well, if you take care of your sick turtles that would put you in the nursing field, wouldn\'t it?:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:52 pm

yes but i did it while hating it..u like ur fields:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm

I love what I do, I like fixing and figuring things out, I like messing with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, cooking, and just general tinkering. I am very lucky to have a job that I can do the things I like to do, I think I have more patience with machines and objects than I do with some people, and I am not talking about you guys/gals, I generally mean the people on the highways and streets.:D:D
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:19 pm
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:41 pm

Interesting i wanna go into nursing 2 or become a vet.... then have my own lil animal boutique on the side i dunno yet
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:08 pm
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:21 pm

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
I love what I do, I like fixing and figuring things out, I like messing with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, cooking, and just general tinkering. I am very lucky to have a job that I can do the things I like to do, I think I have more patience with machines and objects than I do with some people, and I am not talking about you guys/gals, I generally mean the people on the highways and streets.:D:D
you\'re my idol! that describes what I want to do when I grow up!!
SQUIRTLE
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:22 am
Contact:

Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:50 pm

As for myself I\'m into Carz, Anime, Tennis, and Hockey, among other stuffz.
Last edited by SQUIRTLE on Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:10 pm

bxslilprincess wrote:
Interesting i wanna go into nursing 2 or become a vet.... then have my own lil animal boutique on the side i dunno yet
great! just get ready to work really hard when you start college. (i honestly haven\'t had much of a life since i\'ve gotten here!) but, good luck!
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:33 pm
Contact:

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:20 pm

School does require a lot of time, so make sure you go into something that you really like. It makes it a whole lot easier. Stray has the perfect job-something that is of interest.

Rach- I can appreciate that you are going into nursing. At my school my major is in the same college as nursing (college of allied health) and I feel so bad for the nursing students. It seems hard, but they stick to it. Good luck in everything.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:32 pm

ok people u make me feel bad lol..i went to business school while i really hate it..i wanted to go for something like graphics or digital animation (a major that the uni. always promised of but never found till now)..well life just doesn\'t go as we always want
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:53 pm

reptileman wrote:
you\'re my idol! that describes what I want to do when I grow up!!
Thanks, I don\'t know about the idol thing:D:D:D, we could always use more fixers, the world is always breaking apart.:D:D

Dixeee, we could always use more business people, who would hire the rest of us?:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:01 am

lol let me hire myself first..unemployment rates are inc. lol
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:08 pm
Contact:

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:12 am

yeah stray, my major is electrical engineering
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:47 pm

cstanton819 wrote:
Rach- I can appreciate that you are going into nursing. At my school my major is in the same college as nursing (college of allied health) and I feel so bad for the nursing students. It seems hard, but they stick to it. Good luck in everything.
thanks! yes .. everybody always makes a face when i say i\'m a nursing major because they know how dedicated to school we have to be. sometimes i say it\'s awful but it will be so worth it when i\'m done.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:36 pm

I don\'t think they make faces because you\'re going into the nursing field, I think it is mostly because nurses kinda represent needles and medicine, which most of us don\'t like, we, ofcourse, need all the nurses we can find, and I for one am glad you chose the nursing field, btw, I don\'t like doctors either for the same reason.:D:D
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:33 pm
Contact:

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:56 pm

My major is just as bad for needles (I also take blood)

Business is a really good field- you will never get bored with that. You can use your one degree and change it up. My sister just got her masters in business.

Look at it this way- business is business and it is necessary in every aspect of our world- you will never get bored.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:52 pm

yeah but still it depends on the field..marketing is somehow fun but accounting and finance are YUCK i hate them..am neither one but my minor is marketing
User avatar
booboo
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: St. Peters, Missouri
Contact:

Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:31 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................lol

i am a guy
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:32 pm

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
I don\'t think they make faces because you\'re going into the nursing field, I think it is mostly because nurses kinda represent needles and medicine, which most of us don\'t like, we, ofcourse, need all the nurses we can find, and I for one am glad you chose the nursing field, btw, I don\'t like doctors either for the same reason.:D:D
no it\'s definitely because of the studying that we have to do. when i say people, i mean fellow students. they see how us nursing students have no life and they feel sorry for us. (i know this because they tell me this after they make the face) ;) i\'d rather be a nurse than a fireman like my boyfriend who has to see dead bodies in car wrecks, shootings, etc.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:13 pm

I don\'t envy your boyfriend at all:D, I have the greatest of admiration for firemen and policemen, and I am glad they are there to help us when we need them, but I don\'t envy them at all:D
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:43 pm

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
I don\'t envy your boyfriend at all:D, I have the greatest of admiration for firemen and policemen, and I am glad they are there to help us when we need them, but I don\'t envy them at all:D
haha yea, they\'re all great guys. it\'s funny because they\'re so used to it. i\'ll be visiting him at the station and they\'ll go on a run and come back and don\'t even talk about it. it doesn\'t even phase them anymore. you have to be strong!

but i couldn\'t ever do it. especially not run into a burning building to save someone i\'ve never met before in my life.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2713
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Bryan, TEXAS
Contact:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:26 pm

I know what you mean, I once was thinking about my nephews being in danger and wondered if I would hesitate to help, then I realized that I would walk through an active volcano to get them out of harms way, I guess that is the mentality you have to have towards strangers to do the job firemen and policemen do.
Bandgeek2709
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:45 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:57 pm

My dad is a fireman/paramedic (rides on ambulance) some nights, and then sometimes he works at the ER in the Atlanta Hospital. He came home this morning from working at the ER and told me put his hand in someone\'s chest. I asked dhim why, and he said he really didn\'t think the guy would mind, because he was dead. (I don\'t remember exactly why. My mom said that my dad said he was \"manually\" pumping the guys heart.) I don\'t think I could EVER do that. He comes home with some of the weirdest, and saddest, stories.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:29 pm

bandgeek2709 wrote:
My dad is a fireman/paramedic (rides on ambulance) some nights, and then sometimes he works at the ER in the Atlanta Hospital. He came home this morning from working at the ER and told me put his hand in someone\'s chest. I asked dhim why, and he said he really didn\'t think the guy would mind, because he was dead. (I don\'t remember exactly why. My mom said that my dad said he was \"manually\" pumping the guys heart.) I don\'t think I could EVER do that. He comes home with some of the weirdest, and saddest, stories.
yea, especially since your dad rides rescue .. he see the worst. my boyfriend rides the engine so he\'s not around that as much as rescue is. crazy stuff.

they\'re great guys. someone\'s gotta do it!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:18 am

nice being a firefighter..maybe as a volunteer for a small period is enough
User avatar
booboo
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: St. Peters, Missouri
Contact:

Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:53 pm

my uncle is a police man
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:08 pm
Contact:

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:36 pm

\"you have the right to remain silent!\" \"whatever you say shall and will be repeated in the court of law!\" :D :D :D
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:19 pm
Contact:

Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:32 pm

i hear bout enough dead bodies i wouldnt wanna c ne in person... i remember in the summer they stabbed sum kid in my building on the 1st floor i was comin home it was lik 11:00pm n i had 2 wait 2hrs while they got their evidence n everything... i was lik OMG... i finally was able 2 walk in n their was blood all threw the lobby... i was lik WHOA!!! that is serious... n u could see where the dude had died, he went 2 hold on 2 the wall n u could see the hand print in blood, n a puddle of blood right under... i was lik ***** thats a bad way to go out
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: The Lost Desert
Contact:

Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:07 am

i see them on my way to the uni..it\'s a far place in the desert and people drive like crazy on the highway..too many deadly accidents in there..but still much better than the crimes..i don\'t see bloody handprints
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:19 pm
Contact:

Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:09 pm

i was surprised cuz things dont happen that offen where i live... ye ai live in projects but their lik the most relaxed 1\'s ull c... when i 1st moved over here i was scared cuz i went from a nice lil 4family house, wher my family literally lived, 2 this... 2nd yr i witnessed a fight that broke out into a shooting i was lik argh im not goin out nemore... But they hav cops herre lik everynight soo nothin really happpens though...
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:38 pm
Contact:

Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:42 pm

booboo wrote:
my uncle is a police man
don\'t get me started on police. i\'ve never gotten in trouble or anything, so don\'t go getting any ideas. it\'s definitely something entirely different.
User avatar
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:41 am
Contact:

Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:16 pm

I personally would like to see policemen arrest the idiots on the Viva la Bam show on MTV and capture all the animal abusers in New York and make William Hung sing she bangs to them all day in jail while they desperately pry the bars looking for a way out of their misery.:)

Austin Stevens is the best.
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: lousiana, usa
Contact:

Sun May 08, 2005 6:55 pm

i'm in my third year at uni, and my major is criminal justice with a minor in english.. heh, i want to work for the FBI when i get out.. *hopefully* :D

otherwise.. i'd want to do something with art.. or animals.. i love to paint and draw :)
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: lousiana, usa
Contact:

Sun May 08, 2005 6:56 pm

Captain_Turtle wrote:I personally would like to see policemen arrest the idiots on the Viva la Bam show on MTV and capture all the animal abusers in New York and make William Hung sing she bangs to them all day in jail while they desperately pry the bars looking for a way out of their misery.:)

Austin Stevens is the best.
hahah that's the best punishment i've heard of yet! i'd have to agree with you on that one..
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests