a break from turtles!

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:19 am

this is the place to forget about your babies for a couple minutes, and tell us about yourselves.

im 14, a guy obviously, im considered gothic i love slipknot, korn, green day, disturbed, that good stuff. i hate rap because it is for pussies that cant play a instrument and make their music on a computer because theyre pussies. i play lead electric guitar in my band. hmm cant think of anything else really... ohh i love comic books especially plastic man i love airsofting, playing my electric guitar and i love my turtles as like a hobby. and i am a stunt pogoer (go to xpogo.com for more information)

peace out niggas!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:37 am

u should\'ve started that topic in the anything goes section..

anyways i was born on July 27th,1985 which makes me 19.5 and a leo (proud of it:D)..i study MIS (management info. system) which is 60% computers, 40% business..i\'m a junior standing uni. student and i hate studying..i like music,,i play the wooden flute and classic guitar,,i write some lyrics too but never showed them to anyone..i love turtles,,my 3 babies mean the world to me..i also like video games and some sports (basketball, swimming, ice skating, and squash)

what about u ppl?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:04 pm

I am 40 y/o (today), born in 1965, I don\'t play any insturments other than air guitar, air piano, and air drums :D:D, I never made it to college, all I know is from hands on experience, books bore me, I guess, I learned about computers on my own and I am still learning, I still can\'t take one apart and hope I never have to, until I get married, my nephews are my children, along with my turtles. I love research, unless I am told that I have to do it, then it would be a job. I am a chief engineer (that\'s fancy for Head Maintenance), I love my job, I love to fix things and figure out how they work. I like visiting message boards to see what people are saying, I settled on three, this one, reptileman\'s board, and another that doesn\'t get visited much, but I still check to see if anyone needs help.
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:15 pm

hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY Image
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:17 pm

:D Thank you Image
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Hmmm im kinda offended by the 1st post n rap, but most likly ur listening to the comercial garbage lik Chingy and all them other idiots that put words 2gether so cuz they sound alik makin no sense of it...
Neways im 16 obviously a girl from Bronx, New York... WHAT!?!?! lolol... str8 BORICUA. luv animals no turtle at the moment but im waitin on sum money to get the habitat then im off in search of 1.
but i have a...
~Dog - Luna
~Albino Leopard Gecko - Lizardo AkA Igby
~Luv Birds - Vito n Veronica
~Sum 4\" fish pink convicts or sumthing lik that
~Betta Fish-SCarface
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:08 pm

Boricua?, I have actually been to Puerto Rico, I love their Rainforest, El Yunque, I had lots of fun there, especially in Old San Juan.:D:D
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:11 pm

hmm, I\'m a 16 year old guy who loves insects turtles and frogs over anything else. I love researching and web surfing. I was born on november 13th, 1988, I listen to a variety of music that goes from hip hop and rnb to soft rock and pop music. I\'m quite good with my hands, good at fixing, repairing, stuff like that. I\'m highly athletic, love to rollerskate and try new things, stuff like that. and for the first and last time, I\'ll reveal my name...its Kellen Harvey. there you go elite crew members. as for professions...I have too many choices.
Last edited by reptileman on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:04 pm

My name is Stephanie. I am a 30 year old mother of two. My listening preference is old school punk. (Really liked the 80\'s straight edge era) I work in the Human Resources Department for a manufacturing plant in the Cleveland Ohio area. I have two red eared sliders and a rottweiler (my best friend) named Bear.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:11 pm

reptileman wrote:
I\'ll reveal my name...its Kellen Harvey. there you go elite crew members
see..no big deal:D
deesygirl

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Hi All!! My name is Christy. I am 37 and I\'m married to the best guy in the world, Dee. :) We have 6 kids. He works and I am a stay at home mom. My hobbies are spinning , weaving and soap making. I homeschool and keep up with all the kids and critters. We have 8 turtles, 8 chickens, 2 turkeys, 1 Rex rabbit as a pet and 1 Angora rabbit for fiber. We have 2 outside watch dogs and 2 pom\'s. As far as music goes I only listen to Christian. My favorite artists are Jars of Clay, Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman and Casting Crowns.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:10 pm

Deesygirl wrote:
Hi All!! My name is Christy. I am 37 and I\'m married to the best guy in the world, Dee. :) We have 6 kids. He works and I am a stay at home mom. My hobbies are spinning , weaving and soap making. I homeschool and keep up with all the kids and critters. We have 8 turtles, 8 chickens, 2 turkeys, 1 Rex rabbit as a pet and 1 Angora rabbit for fiber. We have 2 outside watch dogs and 2 pom\'s. As far as music goes I only listen to Christian. My favorite artists are Jars of Clay, Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman and Casting Crowns.

lots of pets and strange ones too... now I see where your name comes from.
TURTLE-MAN
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 pm

im 20 and i live in pennsylvania
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:20 pm

I\'m 23 and I live in Central Wisconsin. I\'ve been keeping turtles for my whole life basically. I went to school and majored in Herpatology (reptiles), when I got out I realized what a poor choice I had made with my major because there are no jobs in that field around here. So I applied to Medical school and got in. Right now I\'m studying to be a normal (and boring) doctor. But after the 4 years doing this I\'ll go another 4 years to ultimatly (hopefully) be a neurosurgeon. I keep have fish a bearded dragon, and turtles. I also have 2 Golden Retrievers, and 1 fiance. We\'re going to be getting married late next summer. Well thats just a little bit about me. ;)
Willie
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:42 pm

dixieee wrote:

anyways i was born on July 27th,1985 which makes me 19.5 and a leo (proud of it:D)..i study MIS (management info. system) which is 60% computers, 40% business..i\'m a junior standing uni. student and i hate studying..i like music,,i play the wooden flute and classic guitar,,i write some lyrics too but never showed them to anyone..i love turtles,,my 3 babies mean the world to me..i also like video games and some sports (basketball, swimming, ice skating, and squash)

what about u ppl?
HA! wooden flute? omg dude! hahahahahahaha what a loser hahahahaha
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:06 am

stunt pogoer wrote:
dixieee wrote:

what about u ppl?

You\'re pretty rude, you know that?
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:11 am

Last edited by yaya on Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:19 am

Willie wrote:
I went to school and majored in Herpatology (reptiles),
cool i love such majors..i know it\'s hard to get a job for it but i would keep it for myself:)
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:49 am

[/quote]
Last edited by reptileman on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:50 am

dixieee wrote:
reptileman wrote:
I\'ll reveal my name...its Kellen Harvey. there you go elite crew members
see..no big deal:D
but it was hard...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:55 am

stunt pogoer wrote:
ur such a kid..i had to learn it at school and i found out am good at it so why not continue..anyways i don\'t owe u excuses ur always trying to object on things..that\'s so stupid btw don\'t think ur cool
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:57 am

willie, yaya, reptileman just ignore him he\'s so stupid to take any of our attention guys..we came here for more important stuff
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:56 am

I have a clarinet that I got at a garage sale, it needs to be fixed, the pads that cover the holes are mostly gone, other than that, it is in excellent condition, not bad for $3.** huh?, someday I hope to learn to play it, although the older you get, the harder it is to move your fingers to where you want them.:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:28 am

that\'s what i love most in blow instruments..finger movement:D
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:38 pm

Hey everyone! I\'m back even if you didn\'t just tell me tht you missed me. It would make me feel good. I missed you. The computer was down so I haven\'t been able to check everything out.
About me, I am 25 years old (August 19, 1979 Very proud LEO) I live in Michigan with my twin sister. Some people thing we will never live apart because we have lived together all of our lives sad huh?
I am a super duper senior at the university. I am working on my second bachelors in Clinical Laboratory science. (let me explain that one, when you go to the doctor and they take any part of your body for testing I would be the one to do the testing) I love my major and I can\'t wait to be finished so that I can work a real job paying real money. My hobbies include fishing, candlemaking, ceramic crafts, and sleeping.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:35 pm

we missed u for sure:) yay now we\'re 2 LEO\'s :D
sourmilknightmares
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:10 pm

Unfortunately it is people like stunt pogoer that give people like myself who like to listen to hard music a bad rep.

Anyway, back to the original subject.

I\'m 16 years old, born September 6, 1988 and just got my first turtle today. A freakish amount of people consider me goth although I feel more like I got lost somewhere between punk and emo with a little retro to keep everything happy. I\'m homeschooled and have been since 6th grade. I delight in keeping pets; fish are among my favorite. Goldfish being my favorite type of fish. They take a whole lot more care than pop culture would have you believe. I also have horses and ten gazillion other animals which are listed in my signature. I play the bass--sorta. I like to listen to Ska, classic rock, classical, and a little bit of grunge (which I am a little ashamed of...) My favrite bands are Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, The Insyderz, Delorean, and I listen to a little bit of Skillet. I love to act and read and so I would love to make my living as an actress or well known author. I love this website as it has the best information on turtles that I can find anywhere.
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:46 pm

Lol cool i was born on Sept. 1st, 1988 im older then u
sourmilknightmares
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:55 pm

lalala Ignoring yooou!! You may be older, but I don\'t like rap either! :P

Just messing. No, I don\'t like rap a bit, but its cool if you do. Everyone\'s got their own tastes.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:04 pm

awww man.... I was born in november of 1988... you\'re both older than I am...:(
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:23 pm

aWWW its OK... i listen to everything but mostly rap n r&b but only wat i lik ... i listen to linkin park, evanesance n stuff... i liv in NY sooo the main radio stations play rap, n its not that surprising to what down the street n see 1 of em... we had 1 that lived down the block... the few that i\'ve met are cool n down to earth...
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:32 pm

[quote]sourmilknightmares wrote:
Unfortunately it is people like stunt pogoer that give people like myself who like to listen to hard music a bad rep.

I had the same problem. The big green mohawk I wore way back when didn\'t help either. Anyways, as I got older and started to associate with adults, people start to realize that people are just people and we may have a lot more in common with others than we think. The best thing about being judged by what I listen to or what I looked like is, not to stoop to their level and make judgement. Goth and Punk have nothing to do with it. There are lousy people of all stereotypes, of all races and all ages. The internet just makes it a lot easier to spread the misery.
sourmilknightmares
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Green hair rocks! I love unnaturally colored hair. I usually have a stripe or two of purple mixed in with my blonde. A lot of people see that immediately think \"Rebelious teenager who doesn\'t give a lick about anyone or anything.\" I know there have been a few adults who have passed judgement, and then after getting to know me realized I\'m a mostly good kid.

Princess, I know it is pretty easy to get sucked into the local radio stations. We have a number of country ones (that\'s North Carolina for ya!) and I went through a spell where I listened to it a lot. Then I realized that I didn\'t really like most country songs and was just listening to it find a place to fit in. So I stopped. Go figure.
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:10 pm

Thats cool i wanted to strike my hair red or blu but my mother sAid no plz i go 2 catholic skool soo they wont allow it... only natural hair colors so Boring

I kno i can neva find nething to listen 2... i lik nas n jadakiss that are rap n more R&b lik usher n alicia keys, Ciara but NO they play garbage lik chingy, juve, 50cent n all that stupidness like hello ur making no sense... ur words r garbage get off the radio soo i end up making my own cds....

i been to NC when i was down to Florida... it was nice, i went to a Sunny or a Dennys it i think we dont hav those herre n the ppl. were soo nice n happy n it was lik mad late n we were tired
but the yr after i got madd when we stopped at sum trucker spot (i say that b/c there were a bunch of the BIG truck for products n junk) n this lady her son n husband were staring at my fam.. they when we left they called us spics i didnt lik that but we\'re not 1\'s 2 start troble n brushed it all
CeCe

Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:04 am

Hi Sharing bits ay... Whell O mi god... Im a girl (did anyone not guess). I live in Adelaide Australia. I live wit my boyfriend, and he bought my turtle as a birthday gift. Um (whispers now...) Im currently 23 years of age. Im a co-ordinater in a small business (organise 120 odd peoples work a day and they need to check with me bout stuff and looots of boring meetings). Intrest wise eh... i love music, any type (for example i love Susperia thru to Black Eyed Peas to Nina Simone), any time and usually anywhere... I am very ecclectic in my tastes and have lotsa tolerance... Guess its something you learn with age... i like reading, and as my boyfriend is a deep sea diving instructer i am learning to love that lol, Nah its good, and has taught me alot. so i love that too... anyways probably enough bout me...

Ciao

CC
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:03 pm

Australia huh? Thats real cool. You would have to be the very first person I have ever met from that part of the World. (even if we haven\'t actually met) Truely my pleasure.

As for music my tastes include a lot.(it changes a lot also) Mostly rap, not a lot of hip-hop. My friends always joke with me because I only have a few r&b cd\'s. I just haven\'t found a lot of r&b that I like. My three cd\'s in rotation right now include Destiney\'s Child (theres one R&B), Avril, and Three six Mafiah

So as for the gifted person who started this discussion I love listening to pussies on MY RADIO. Good thing you don\'t have to listen to them too.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:27 pm

lol! welcome to the board everyone and newbies too..glad to meet u all:)
Bandgeek2709
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:06 pm

I LOVE appaloosas sourmilknightmares!!!! Actually I like any horse with spots. But whatever.
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:44 pm

bandgeek2709 wrote:
Hey. I\'m 13, I\'ll be 14 on Feb. 7. (1991). I love all animals, although I\'m partial to frogs, turtles, horses, and guinea pigs.
ha, im older that u by 3 days im born the 4th
deesygirl

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:51 pm

slidersroc wrote:
ha, im older that u by 3 days im born the 4th

Slidersroc: Glad to see you back. We missed ya!!
  • Information