Hi Everybody!

Welcome aboard! Come in and introduce yourself to the All Turtles message board.
ILikeTurtles

Hello Everyone! New to the forums here, my name is Nick. I have years of experience setting up freshwater fish tanks, and a few years of marine tank experience but this will be my first Turtle. I am interested in aquatic turtles and plan to purchase a pink-belly sideneck turtle in the next couple months.

I am still investigating other species to make sure I make an informed decision as I understand purchasing a turtle is a very long commitment. I am slowly building the habitat and cycling the 55 gallon tank I plan to use for a single juvenile turtle. I have many questions in regard to substrates, compatibility with fish and shrimp, and live plants which I will post in the appropriate sub-forums throughout the research portion of this endeavor.

I am actively searching and reading articles throughout the internet but often I get conflicting advice which is why I am here. Being able to discuss with real life enthusiasts about the pros and cons of these conflicting ideas I keep running into will help me make informed decisions. I am excited for this project and look forward to sharing with you all the end result! :P
TurtlesBunniesPlants
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, welcome to the forum!
This forum needs more active members so please ask around and spread the words :)
Turtles are the most commonly kept reptile animal in household everywhere around the world. However, many people sadly neglect proper care for them even though basic needs for fresh water turtles are very simple.
Reading your fish keeping experiences, I’m sure you will find turtles very easy and should come to you naturally.
I hope I can help with your life long journey with your turtle in some ways I can!
ILikeTurtles

TurtlesBunniesPlants wrote:
> Hi, welcome to the forum!
> This forum needs more active members so please ask around and spread the
> words :)
> Turtles are the most commonly kept reptile animal in household everywhere
> around the world. However, many people sadly neglect proper care for them
> even though basic needs for fresh water turtles are very simple.
> Reading your fish keeping experiences, I’m sure you will find turtles very
> easy and should come to you naturally.
> I hope I can help with your life long journey with your turtle in some ways
> I can!
Thank you! I will post pictures of my tank when it is done!
  • Information