Water question

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:00 am

I have an instapure water filter on my kitchen faucet and I was wondering if this kind of filteration removes chlorine from the water.Also does anyone know how expensive reverse osmosis filters cost?
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:43 am

Reverse Osmosis, I believe, are expensive. One of the members on here has one. Becareful you are not filtering out minerals the turtle needs. I would check what the filter says it filters out. You could probably find it online by using a search engine. You can always let the water sit out for 24 hours and the chlorine will dissapate. I just use a dechlorinator in the water. They aren\'t expensive.
Fillmore
Level 1
Level 1

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:08 pm

What kind of dechlorinator? Is that a chemical you put in or is it a block? Thanks.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:26 pm

It is a liquid you pour in the water. There are several types. You can find it in the fish section of the petstore. Reptisafe is a good brand. I just bought some for my tank. It is blue and has a RES on it I believe.
jemyneye
Level 1
Level 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:13 am

shelngav wrote:
It is a liquid you pour in the water. There are several types. You can find it in the fish section of the petstore. Reptisafe is a good brand. I just bought some for my tank. It is blue and has a RES on it I believe.
Yep! That\'s the stuff I use. It is a dechlorinator for reptile water and adds beneficial things as well.
  • Information