Penguin bio-wheel

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
herpgirl85
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:58 pm

I'm using a penguin biowheel mini filter, and it works pretty well, but the biowheel itself wont work, it's like the water level coming out isn't high enough, would the water level of the tank have anything to do with that? `Cause the aquarium is only about half full...
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:51 pm

take ur turtles out for a while and fill the aquarium up until the wheel works.......or at least see if it works. if you have a sufficent basking area that your turtles can easily go to then it should be fine for deep water.
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:06 pm

brandy,
What do you think is the closest the basking light should be to the turtle?
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:51 pm

i put my basking light 7 inches above and with the penguin bio-wheel, the wheel doesnt tend to turn anyway. I had it for fish and it just went around every other while..
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:26 am

a couple of feet. depends on what you are using for a basking area. I keep mine exactly 2 feet 5 inches from the basking area. I use river rocks for a basking area. they love it.
Seddy311
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:06 pm

I have the three-in-one light holder, so I can put the repti-sun, basking light, and night light in the same holder. The only problem is, the basking light doesn't face directly down on the turtle, the light faces sideways. I have the light approximately 6 inches from the basking area (floating rock attached in one place to side of tank with suction cups). I don't want it to be too far away since it doesn't shine right down on him, but I don't want it to be too close either...
I have 1 1/2 inch round mexican river stones at the bottom of my tank, and I used to have a flat rock for the turtle to bask on. But right now I only have a 20 gallon long tank and I wanted to make more room for him to swim, so I like the floatting rock.
Thanks,
Sherryl
  • Information