FEEDING FISH TO MY RES

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:46 pm

hi, i have 4 RES. i want to feed some guppies becuse i heard they love them. how many should I put in? I dont want them to overeat but I dot wnt them to undereat. The guppies are the smallest that I could find bbecause my res are only one inch long each so i didnt think theyd even be able to catch the guppies! so how many should i put in?
miss_quoia
Level 2
Level 2

Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:43 am

I put 2 little fish, probably guppies and 5 goldfish in with my res. they ate one of the goldfish the first nite, then they ate the others as they felt fit...not real often though...i got the fish in december and mickey just ate the last goldfish last night
jemyneye
Level 1
Level 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:55 am

I put 10 feeder guppies in my turtles tank about 2 weeks ago and there are 2 left. Usually the guppies will keep having babies, and my turtle will eat only the babies and let the two parent fish live. He knows that at night when the guppies lay low to sleep, he can catch them easy, so he waits until then if he wants to eat one. He plays and chases them around a lot though. I think they are good recreation for him, LOL.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:42 pm

When I fed mine I just put 3-5 in, but I didnt do it again for a couple months or so so that it didnt get too much protein. I try to limit the protein so it doesnt distort the shell.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:12 pm

i put 2 guppies in 3 month ago and they still alive but my turtle ate the babies instead...now she goes for the snails they are easy prey:)
  • Information