AT THE BOTTOM! RESPOND PLEASE!!!

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:56 am

hi again everyone. well my turtles are doing better. ever since i raised the water level to 3-4 inches theyve been more active and playful (really playful! sometimes i cant even hold them because they just love running around) and its great. theres just one problem. they are usually always walking around at the bottom of the tank even where there is deep water. the only reason theyll swim is to get to the top so they can get air or else sometimse they like floating around at the top and sleeping. other than that, 2 of them usually dont swim. one of them swims when going to the basking area SOMETIMES but not all the time. so i dont know if this is normal or not? please respond. thanks everyone for all your previous help!
Last edited by TurtleMotherOfFour on Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jemyneye
Level 1
Level 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:52 am

For my RES, behaviour such as this is very ABNORMAL. He swims around and plays ALL DAY LONG. He\'s constantly in motion if he\'s not basking. He\'ll come up for air and float around a bit, dive back under and search around for food he may have missed, swim in & out of his cave, circling the plants, digging around a few small river rocks I have in there. Point is, if he were sitting at the bottom, or not swimming around joyfully, I\'d be wondering what was wrong. This is my experience and opinion. Sorry that I don\'t know what could be wrong with your turtles - but I would definitely find out. My turtle is a juvenile, almost a year old - so I don\'t know if their age has anything to do with their activity level or not.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:41 pm

Mine swims around a lot, but recently he seems to be at the bottom more. It appears he is hunting for food, since he thinks he is always hungry. I really dont know. I would keep an eye on them to see if they develop any other strange behaviors. It may just take a bit too to get use to being able to swim since they were use to not having much water. I wouldnt worry unless they develop some other behaviors.
  • Information