artificial plants......?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
kujo 5
Level 2
Level 2

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:31 pm

Is it safe to use plastic or fabric plants my tank.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:46 pm

If you want to be absolutely safe, use the ones made for aquariums. If you want to get cheap ones, take out any wires first--the water will cause the wires to rust (not good for your turt).
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:58 pm

i think artifical plants look great in an aquarium, dont get ones w/wires. i like the ones that have a plastic stem and fabric leaves. my turtles have a tendency to pull up the plants , but you could just pile extra rocks on there and it should last longer b4 re-planting
turtledudeusa
Level 2
Level 2

Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:13 pm

another suggestion in artificial plants: Buy pre-made aquarium decorations. For example, when i upgraded to a 55 gallon tank, i bought a ceramic log with flowers attached. This helps to prevent the turtles from removing the flowers, and, if you decided not to use gravel you dont have to, the log holds the plants down. I found my log at Wal Mart, and my two RES love it, the are big scaredy cats and like to hide! Good Luck, and Happy Turtle-ing!
Travis.
  • Information