oh my turtle!!!!!!

Discussions about turtles.
isabelle

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm

Good evening everybody,ok this is totally weird and scary,as i was working with the computer and having the large tank in front of me my smallest turtle was doing this strange thing with her mouth she would come up for air and then diving right back in to let a large amount of air out ,to be more graphic and specific it was exactly like a strong fart from the mouth and it sounds just the same.please explain!!! also it is now that i know i own 2 males because has he was releasing air, his male organ would show!!! he has now stopped but he swims with his tail totally curled inward.I am thinking could it be a sneeze? Can't wait to hear about this.Sorry if this subject ever came up i did not take the time to search ,it took me by surprise and scared me .
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:11 pm

how often did it do it? any other signs like swimming lop-sided, eating less, over-basking..?
isabelle

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:15 pm

last night was the first time that i noticed. he seems very hungry!!! as for basking ,i think he doesn't get to do it much because Buddy hogs all the floor and they have a bull riding contest to see who will fall off first .He swims like a synchronised swimmer!!!!Besides that I haven't noticed anything different .I will keep you posted if he ever does it again. Thanks so much.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:07 pm

he did it only once? it could be normal yawning :) (hopefully)
isabelle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:28 pm

he has indeed done it again but once in a while and not like he did the other night ,not as often .ther is no change in his behaviour.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:19 pm

hmm ok just keep an eye on him. watch the temps too they shouldn't drop with that change in weather now
  • Information