Nooooooo!

Discussions about turtles.
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:14 am

Tell me it isnt so?!! My turtle started squeaking yesterday, once or twice the whole day, yet basking alot. Seemed to swim kind of funny. Heard another squeaking noise coming from the tank. Same turtle climbing on to basking dock to bask. The other turtle has been spending alot of time in the water. Please tell me I am an over protective owner ( like I am with my dog AND my kids). I am really hoping he is not getting sick! Not something I need right before an 8 hour road trip (one way) and right before school starts!!! :cry: :!: :cry:

Just to add to this post, he is eating normally, his eye are not swollen. Looks good, except for what I posted. For the most part he does swim good. I thikn it looked funny last night cuz he was swimming around a plant.( will keep an EYE on that) He does not seem to be gasping for air.
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:08 am

OMG, I hope it's not an R.I.! Good luck and yep, I'm sure you'll be keeping watch over your turt. An eight hour road trip.. is someone able to come sit with the turt? If I was near, I would do it!! :P
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:14 am

My brothers got to work a few hours on that day. I do have to admit I am a worry wart when it come to my kids (skin, fur or aquatic :lol: ) I have made an appt with the vet for this afternoon. I dont want to take any chances. Can you blame me?
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 am

Nope, not in the least! Especially with the road trip.... you'd spend the whole time worrying! I know that because I'm exactly the same!! :lol: Let us know what the vet says!! And best wishes to you & your turt!! :wink:
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:38 am

I will do that! AFter the first post I went and checked on him. He is swimming lopsided, so that is why I decided to take him in. Not taking any chances. I have read to many stories as to the same symptoms and few days later, some not all have not had good endings. I love :arrow: my vets office. The vet they saw before is not in the same office she is about 20 minutes away. They called that office and got the appt for today. So as soon as I get home I will give an update!
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:00 pm

****update****
Vet says she was not sure whether to put him on meds or not. She was 50/50. He wasnt walking lopsided at the vet. But she did say if he got worse to call and they would put him on meds.
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:11 pm

I really hope all goes well for him! Did the vet say to raise temps or anything?
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:16 pm

no she kept asking about diet, watching him walk. I told her he has lettuce, cantalope, dried meal worms, pellets, fish etc. in his diet. But she said nothing as far as raising temps. ( I do keep the temps about 80) She was showing me how to administer meds if its needed and of course be had a bubble from his nose come out and he pee'd on her hand :lol:
vncweygbo

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Nice!! Good turtle!! :lol:
turtle_grl77

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Yeah thats what she said. :lol:
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:30 am

lol he's so cute! i hope nothing turns to be wrong with him. why don't u raise the temps to be on the safe side. yeah and give him a bit more food than he usually has to help him..

i really hope nothing will be wrong with him. keep us posted
  • Information