GETTING SICK OF IT

Discussions about turtles.
turtlemommy
Level 1
Level 1

Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:11 pm

my turtles are red ear sliders any they eat this food called reptile sticks they float on top of water so my little ones can eat them but they act like they are getting sick of eating it and i have tried every thing else so can any one give me any tips on what else to feed them i have even tried romain lettuce but their mouths are still to small even when cut it into small pieces so can any one help me thank you.
shortstack1277
Level 2
Level 2

Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:28 pm

When your turtles are young they tend to favor meat more then vegatables. I heard you can feed it turkey, shrimp or ham, but not to much of it. Also try giving your turtles peas and carrots. My turtle likes the carrot and is slowy starting to like peas. Also with the pellets you might want to feed it other brands. Like I have Nutrafin Max Turtle grammarus pellets which have calcium and vitamin d3 and also Reptomin that have calcium and vitamin C. I rotate on those all the time. Hope this helps a little.

Cheers!
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:00 pm

You can also try freeze dried foods (broken up into pieces for your little guys). My guys, adult and juvenile alike LOVE crickets and krill.
goofy

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:55 am

my 1\" res refused to eat anything when i got him, i tried everything.....

finally found out he would eat
1)frozen bloodworms
2)frozen brine shrimp
3)freeze dried tubiflex worms

gave up on turtle sticks and veggies for the moment, i toss some in at feeding times but it\'s always uneaten.....
  • Information