fish???

Discussions about turtles.
slteecovxmib

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:05 pm

i was looking at some of the answers on here and some peple have glodfish in there tank i was wondering if that helps it keep clean and do you have to feed the fish??

[code]
I'm getting my turtle this friday... 6/16/06!!!!
:D :D :D 8) :D :D :D [/code]
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:23 pm

not goldfish. they don't eat wastes or algae, expensive especially that u'll have to consider them lunch once they're in, and are not good for turtles (contain so much fat, little benefits). u're probably talking about plecos, the ones that help keeping the place clean :)
vncweygbo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm

Dix, the two goldfish I got stuck with, cause Snappy decided she didn't like them, they eat her poop.... gross, I know, but it does help keep the tank clean. The pet store employee suggested them (surprise, surprise!), and Snappy ate two of the four. They were tiny when we bought them, but the two survivors are huge now and Snappy shows absolutely no interest in them! I won't be surprised at all if one day they disapper, but they've been in there for a year now and they're not even skiddish around the turt (anymore).
slteecovxmib

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:17 pm

how big do plecos get because i have a 35 gallon tank and im going to get my turtle hes just 4" now i was going to update the tank in like a month or so we just had this one in our storage room... i want to give my turtle enough room!!! i heard that the are small plecos that only get like 2 inches but i dont know if thats true and would my turtle eat it ? :roll: :roll:
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:25 pm

trtlduv lol :lol: i don't know but i read it somewhere in here that they got stuck with the goldfish cz the turtle decided to leave them alone and they made the water a mess.

R.E.S_ROCKS plecos do grow big..check this link for more info
http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Articl ... etanks.htm
vncweygbo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:31 pm

LOL! I might be one of the lucky ones!! That hardly ever happens for me! One of my mottos is "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"... I think it came from an old blues song! :lol:

R.E.S._ROCKS, Dixieee's right, plecos can grow big.... and there's always a chance your turt might take a chunk out of it! :wink:
slteecovxmib

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:10 pm

thanx for the website im going to get some type of pleco for my tank... hey maybe they'll be friends J/K :lol: :lol: :lol:
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:10 am

ur turtle might break the rule! i read that someone's turtle got depressed after the fish in there died. they were good tankmates!
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:17 pm

i go to www.liveaquaria.com they sell fishes but i ussaly read the iformation about the fish.
Urbanoidstav1961

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:18 pm

i go to www.liveaquaria.com they sell fishes but i ussaly read the iformation about the fish.and not all plecos grow big some grow small or large.
  • Information