Baby RES

Discussions about turtles.
dypeincettery

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:26 pm

So, I bought 6 baby RES turtles in Chinatown. I felt sorry for their poor living conditions so I decided rescue them. Well, the following day I bought a 40 gallon tank, filled 2/3 water and 1/3 water and 5 inches deep with water. My setup has two filter system, a waterfall, fresh water plants and feeder fish. I have the UV light, heater set at 82 degree, a heat lamp. The feeder fish are to big for the turtles at the moment, and I tried finding them baby shrimp, krill, and pellets they are ignoring it. I see them eating the plants though.

My question, I know baby turtles need more protein, but how do i get them to eat the protein? 3 days old.

P.S. I will be building a outdoor pond next spring, big enough for all six (probably a quarter of backyard) filled with feeder fish-comets, feeder guppies, bamboo shrimps.
turtle_grl77

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:52 am

Give them time. You will see the amount of feeder fish slowly slowly growing thin.
shineeenzyday

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:41 am

sounds like a great setup :wink:
lionmiass1958

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:06 pm

CongRATS on the newbies.The set up sounds nice.Don't worry they will start eating the feeders soon.Just make sure they are eating their main diet too.Try offering a tiny piece of tuna,turkey or chicken.
  • Information